IA here

My plan was to go to Waverly but I shut the alarm off instead of hitting snooze. I got up at 6:30 then would have needed to catch Guineas and drive an hour. I figured what I wanted would have been gone. So, I stayed home. I hope everybody got what they wanted.
Jim

Quote:
I should have done that
lol.png
I also should also have taken birds to sell, but of course did not and came home with more. Trish beat me to the Buff orps I wanted but I got some nice Langshan and Australorp hens instead.

I have some duck questions though. This summer I bought 6 call ducks from Liz and they all turned out to be male so i picked up some hens at Waverly. Then I fell in love with some Snowy Mallards and brought home 4 of those. When I got them together I realized the Snowy Mallard drake is smaller than the Silver Call drakes I have. Isn't that the opposite of what it is supposed to be? Or are the the same bird called different things?

The bonus little Iowa Blue pullet is doing well by the way! She is very sweet!

Kari,
You just made me kick myself. I've been trying to find Langshan since May. What color are they? Did they have more? UGH! I am getting a 7 month old Trio in 2 weeks from show lines so I'm not that upset with myself. You better not say there were Speckled Sussex, Naked Neck Hens, or GL Polish.

glad to here your puppies didn't eat the kitty steph.

we got home and clipped little duck wings put them in the pasture and east indie hen and the 4 runners (ones tj wasn't so happy about) walked right out of the fence and into the over grown lot. *sigh* hour later they turned up in neighbors yard yay. so now in the chain link pen but not happy about it.

Quote:
Beautiful black pullets from show lines, I don't remember the breeder's name but Trish knows them. He said some of their hatch mates did exceptionally well at the Iowa State Fair.

Kari - I'm glad she is doing well for you. When I saw you, I knew you were the right place to send her. It has been interesting to watch the flock reorganize with several birds gone including their main roo. I've had to learn a new way to count heads at night myself. With the group that the Ia. Blue came from, it was 2 brown birds, 2 black birds, 2 white birds. Now it's just one of each
wink.png

Sam the two Jersey Giants are also doing well, one squeezed her way under a gap in the fence the first day, but was easily rounded up. They figured out where to go at night right away too.

Quote:
So does she have a name? She pays enough attention to me she certainly deserves to have one
big_smile.png

That group of 6 birds was named collectively "Here Chicky, Chicky". Feel free to name her what you want
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom