IA here

So who else has chick fever right now?? I'm ready for this cruddy, cold winter to be over. I've already got my birds divided up into their breeding groups and am setting my incubator up today and have been scouring the internet looking for Blue Laced Red Wyandottes but it looks like they're pretty much sold out everywhere (I know, I know.. should have put my order in a LONG time ago). Anyone in the northern half of the state breed BLRWs?

I have BLRW, lovely ones. I have 4 hens, but they are not laying consistently yet. They were just separated into breeding pens 2 wks ago so hopefully they will start laying a bit better soon. I will hatch chicks or I will also sell fertile eggs. I am in north central iowa, near Mason City. PM me if you are interested.

Hi everyone, I am currently in Oklahoma but originally from Iowa. My brother who lives in the waterloo area was coerced (ehh hmmm...maybe induced, helped, convinced) to get into chickens last year after I sent him home with some baby chicks. He would really like to get some Iowa Blues. My parents were visiting and I sent them home with my octagon incubator and some eggs for him to incubate. Does anyone in the area of Waterloo have Iowa Blue eggs that he could get (and pay for not looking for hand out) to hatch.
Thanks! Hope you guys are staying warm!
Amy

I have chicks hatching now
big_smile.png
Love the cheep cheep cheep that makes me think of spring!

Does anyone know of a locker or individual in north central Iowa that processes meat birds? I've heard of Amish around Northwood that do it but have no way of contacting them. TIA!

I need to jump onto the Ia. site so I can follow what's happening more local. I stalked BYC for 3 to 4 years. Finally joined BYC last April, if I remember correct. I'm strictly a back yard pet kind of chicken guy. Started with a few Cornish an Buff Orps, After I processed the meat birds got some more Buffs & Black Sex Links. In early November I had a collapsed lung, and had to part with them. I promise my GF Life Companion a quick trip before I plunge in again. I'm looking at the last week in March to get a new small flock... Jim

Welcome! Nothing wrong with a trip (somewhere warm I hope) before getting more chickens! Are you looking at meat birds again? Just curious. Haven't made that jump yet but am thinking about growing out some CornishX if/when I find someone to process them. No time to do it myself and TBH not sure I want to. Go back and forth with that!

Welcome! Nothing wrong with a trip (somewhere warm I hope) before getting more chickens! Are you looking at meat birds again? Just curious. Haven't made that jump yet but am thinking about growing out some CornishX if/when I find someone to process them. No time to do it myself and TBH not sure I want to. Go back and forth with that!

No meat birds this time. Companion is up tight about eating pets. With just the 2 of us, I'd have to eat the whole chicken by myself.. Getting by with a overnight at the bed & breakfast Murder Mystery package up in Bellevue. Hope that makes her happy. #5.00 processing make pretty expensive dinner.

Back
Top Bottom