IA here

Hi! Super exciting, we hatched our first 3 chicks and 1 duckling two days ago! They're all healthy and beautiful!! However, I am curious where people sell their hatched chicks and ducks? I posted on craigslist but figured that for newborns there has to be a better way... since we will consistently be hatching now. Possibly auctions? They're Bantam Chickens and Call ducks, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for the advice
Are you in iowa? Do you by chance have any Easter egger bantams? I would like to add that to my flock at some point.

Im in the Des Moines area and know of lots of different people that are selling chickens right now! Looking for full grown or babies? I personally have silkie chickens and they are very popular but smaller chickens meaning smaller eggs. I can help you find any other breed your interested in! Do you know what kind you have now?

Do you know of anyone with Easter egger bantams? I would eventually like to add a pullet/hen to my flock. Still unsure how many roosters I have. Still waiting till my 2 silkies get a little bigger before I know. I have 2 frizzle cochins that i believe are both roosters. (One for sure). In any case I will be looking for an Easter egger bantam female.

Last edited:
Hello all! I started looking at this thread from the beginning hoping to find someone from SE Iowa but after 15 pages, I got tired and decided it might be easier if I just said Hello and I'm from Fairfield. Anyone else down here?

I work in corydon and live farther south.

HI, I'm sorta new to BYC and I live in West Des Moine. I'm also incubating some eggs, also I got most of my hens from Des Moine Feed and Nature Center do any of y'all know what breeds of chick they have because I've been looking and have sent emails to through the site and facebook but no reply. Thx

Bumping up this thread for my fellow Iowans :) i also might be in the market to rehome some drakes, as I've discovered recently that i have too many :hmm crested pekin and khaki campbells in the Iowa city area if anyone's interested!

Hello, I live in Clive and was wondering if anyone had silkies for sale or knew of a nearby breeder in the Greater Des Moines Area because some soon to be culled ducks killed all of our chicks and silkies.

Back
Top Bottom