IA here

Quote:
Welcome to BYC!
Are your Dellies LF or bantam?
It would be fun to hear some stories about your Dellies, a breed I have recently become interested in.

My delawares are LF, I aquired the eggs as part of the "crazy egg train" this spring. They came from zephyrcreek....fellow BYCer. I believe her birds are heritage. All that said, I have 3, one is a roo for sure. Still trying to make up my mind on the other two....maybe wishful thinking. They do not have nearly as big a comb or wattles, however they are almost as big and they have some barred feathering on their tails. I think I will hang on to them tell I'm sure.

I had that trouble too with the one of 4 that I decided to keep. I only wanted to keep one but like that one so well that I bought the others back from the guy I sold them to! The original one I kept, I still do not know for sure. His/her sisters are def. girls. if you walk by them they squat down and they lay. They also have barred feathers on the tail, very pretty girls. the roo I got may not have been one of them I'd originally sold but, he is gentle. Not sure I got what I was told I'd be getting but, I don't know. Gotta live with it!

Quote:
Welcome!
D.gif

Quote:
It's me, Urbanfarmer. I live off of Merle Hay road with my 28 hens. Come and visit me sometime!

Oh yeah! I worked at Hillis the other day and the Art teacher is your friend I believe!

I would love to come visit you and see your set-up.

101_img_1715.jpg

These are the speckled sussex girls make me an offer if you are interested in the girls are about 7 mos old and are laying.

101_img_1708.jpg

Jersey Giant(black) Buff Chantecler cross roo-big bird, very pretty

101_img_1705.jpg

The other roo and 2 hens of the same cross will try to get better pics this coming week.

If any Iowan is interested make me an offer and we can figure out delivery:)

Everyone have fun at Waverly! Judging is over here in Portage. Like always, "Always the Bridesmaid, never the Bride!" All # 1's but no champion row for me............

Steph! Where's me mail?

The pretty roos are caged and ready for their road trip in the a.m. ----- to Waverly we go:)
Lets hope it is not going to rain, had to dig out the long handles the way it is. Just found out how to add an avatar....sooo I added on of my lavender lads.

I expect a full report on Waverly! All IA Blue chicks did great in sons care while Lora and I were in Portage. Have some real concerns about my little Serama. He is so small and does not seem to be doing well. Maybe he is too small.
What a great show! Definitley on my top 3 list.
Their 4-H involement is fantastic! Wish I could have recorded the whole thing. It was wonderful to see the level of participation there was. The place was clean and spead out just right... truly a model for those of us with kids in 4-H and interested in poultry.
Would go again in a second if asked. It was well worth the 6 hour drive if only to experience this well run program.

The last swap we're attending this year was great! Sold almost all my birds, except for a couple of roosters and a lionhead doe. I ended up buying a lionhead buck. That's the only animal I bought. Got some absolutely great cages for very little!

The swap was huge. One of the better ones I've been to. They were even selling swap t-shirts there. My husband and I got a couple.

Lots of donkeys, Chuckars, peafowl, and oodles of turkeys. Lots of bantams too, more than I'm used to seeing. Lots of quality rabbits too. You don't usually see that.

Saw Steph there, PBJmaker. Had a great time hanging out. The swap went a little later than usual. We didn't get done until 12:30.

My hubby also got me a vintage excalibur dehydrator. Haven't had much time to check it out yet, but it was only $20. I got a 2 hole, stacked 30 x 30 cage for $20. With pans, in great condition.

Rubber pans for feeding/watering for $1 each. Feeders for $.50 each, one was a hanging 50# feeder.

people that brought puppies to sell where evil. i wanted 1 of each and 2 of a few. but smart me bought none. did bring home 10 chickens 5 of the pretties barred rock i've ever seen (not on my list). son bought a duckling, a first for us. some other pets that really didn't need. had a blast love going oldest boy and i look at everything. sure i ran into a few of you, might even bought something.
pbj if you brought puppies i saw you.

Flashpointfarm I'm still in market for chicks in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom