IA here

Quote:
See, I do raise responsible fowl! Are P and C together yet? Do they spend quiet days and romantic evenings together?
wink.png

And your other Blues, are they growing?

ETA: If I am able, today I'll be making a short list of the birds I will be bringing along for sale and the prices. If any of you are interested in anything, please PM me. I would like to give all my BYC friends priority, first choice.
big_smile.png
As a special bonus... for every 500 you buy, I will buy you a free hot chocolate! Have little chicks too, as in babies, have some hatching today. I thought it would be my last batch but no, one more hatch that I will raise over the next few months. Couldn't bring myself to throw out all those fertile eggs. I will be bringing hatching eggs too. Probably not very many.
Todays hatch will be small. Poor things had to suffer through my own human error of forgetting to plug the heat and fan back in after unplugging for about three hours and then we had a power outtage during the night for I don't know how long a few nights ago. Both these incidents occured in the last week of development and only a few will hatch.
sad.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately with the death of Tank, Charming has been promoted to King Charming and has obligations to the whole flock not just one lowly princess who has been saddled with 4 orphaned chicks. I think that Kyckling is more princely than Charming at this point.

The Iowa blues have really come around from being slighty birds, to running to be picked up and "cuddled". There may be an alternative motive of getting warm though...

ETA: Kyckling is still twice as big as the other three and now I am rethinking there is a second roo. The one is colored like Kyckling and has some pink to it's comb but nothing else is developing.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL Not to be rude but Kyckling sound like a bicycle accident? Are you interested in some more Blues? I want to make sure everyone gets enough of them. I simply can not count them at this point. It looks like 300!

The list of birds going to IA City:

All bantams;
2 brown/black Modern Game pullets. Just starting to lay and they are such sweeties! They like to talk and sit on your hand and look like little ballerinas!
1 lavendar Americauna cockerel, small, very tame, with very soft feathering and pretty! (or handsome).
4 Buttercup chicks 3 weeks old and just under.
1 Sussex cockerel, has full comb, that needs to be alone. He will bite! Not attack but bite, if he stays out of the stew pot. I do not allow mean birds at my
coop.
Will have misc, recently hatched chicks as well. Serama among them. So cute you can't say no! Just open your heart up and hold one and it will want to go home with you!
1 Buckeye cockerel has a wing defect so not rcommended to breed for males, but for females, the defect won't be there. He is a nice boy too.
Some of the birds we will be exhibiting may be for sale as well. Not sure however.

By the way, I will have an exhibition of 8 Orloff bantams for you all to see!

Please PM me if you are interested in any and I will give you a knock out deal on them, no profit, just what I pd., for them

Eric, not sure if I told you or not. I want an even number of cockerels and pullets.

Quote:
LOL Not to be rude but Kyckling sound like a bicycle accident? Are you interested in some more Blues? I want to make sure everyone gets enough of them. I simply can not count them at this point. It looks like 300!

When I got home today, one of my Iowa Blues was dead in the yard and one of the EE chicks was missing. Wish I knew what got them this time, the dogs have not been out. I would guess a hawk, but they wouldn't leave a body behind (so maybe the EE chick)

There were feathers pulled from all over the body of the Iowa Blue pullet, but no blood.

Back
Top Bottom