IA here

If anyone got Cochins from me this past season, and you have extra cockerels, I may buy them back. Ahem, kari.
smile.png

I posted a few photos of some of the flock members at Flickr today if you want to look at them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/31269254@N04/ The Muscovy I took to the show don't look like show birds any more. They've been splashing around in the muddy puddles in the pasture.

Sadly, Pepper vanished into thin air on Monday.
sad.png
She was the only one in her young duck class so she won it but I had people tell me that she would grow into a really nice show duck. I couldn't find a single feather so I don't know what happened to her. I can hope she comes back but I think something bad has probably happened to her. She was such a sweetie too. She was giving me hugs after her bath when we were getting ready for the show by gently wrapping her neck around my neck. She was my only solid black Muscovy too.
sad.png
I hope that maybe in the spring some new solid black Muscovys will hatch out.

We have extra cochin roosters that we got from Dwayne Urch this spring. We have black, blue and splash extra roosters. They are very nice big beautiful birds.

I have not heard from my mom about the birds, Eric.We haven't been over there for the past 2 days either, they should be fine though.

We candled 3 of the eggs today. 1 was an orloff egg from the 12th. It doesn't seem to be doing anything. 1 was developing..forgot the date on it and the buttercup egg we put in is veining
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It takes longer for the Orloffs to vein. They are also much harder to hatch. Do the birds have a place to walk and stretch? The girls like to be active, Brooster just kinda hangs around. Give them a little piece of bread and a hug for me.
hit.gif

Jerrit cracked open the one orloff egg that was from the 12th
roll.png
roll.png
roll.png
There was nothing going on with it...idk if the bull's eye spot thingy disappears after incubation but there was no white spots on the yolk at all. Just looked like a regular egg. So now its 7 orloffs 1 buttercup.

Back
Top Bottom