IA here

Stay safe everyone. Some of the drifts out here are as tall as me. Had to walk through waist deep drifts to get to the barn. It even snowed inside the barn when I opened the door to feed the critters this morning there was a waste deep drift on the other side of the door and snow blown all around inside. The chickens were happily playing in it but the goats were looking at me like why is there snow inside. My dad didn't make it home from work last night and ended up sleeping at a gas station as the highway was closed due to the weather. We are hoping now that the sun is out and the snow is slowing down that they can get the highways back open so he can make it home by tonight.

We are officially out of the "blizzard warning" here in DSM now. hubby got part of the drive plowed then headed off to a Dr.s appointment. I decided I need to get Tucker and Lily neon vests. I can't see them when they are out in the snow. Especially Tucker since he likes to jump fence.

Now I just wish I had some soda. My daughter went to work at Papa John's and I gave her $2 to buy a 2 liter of pop so I would have some today. Instead she bought herself a 20 oz. pop on break and then "forgot" to get something for me.

Yes I am a soda pop addict. It is my only vice. Now I am getting a headache.

No school again.
roll.png
-32 w/c. Cars hard to start. Oh where art thou palm trees!

You got up pretty late today Eric.

My headache is getting worse - might have to resort to drinking coffee...

My daughter did offer up her 3/4 drank Mr. Pibb she purchased last night (with my money)
sickbyc.gif

Can't complain to much though - she is finishing up the driveway and took food and water to the chickens.

well the wind here has settled it is now cold. everyone made it home yesterday and hubby was suppose to work second shift but called in. had to dig out well every critter. got 12 yr old to do it haha. path to shed unbury all the doors. the goat went into dog house before wind picked up and then got drifted into it. bet it was warm. everyone is alive and in shed now warmth in #s.

The hubby just earned some brownie points. He had to get a prescription filled so he went ahead and bought some groceries including POP! He knew I was at home suffering
wink.png

Now he is out finishing off the driveway. Good man
smile.png

I don't know what I'm going to do when the world comes to an end and there is no longer soda...

Spring must be around the corner... Got a nice dark Orloff egg today and all the hens in the single ladies pen, each layed an egg! The Delawares were unfortunately eating an egg.
hmm.png
must have been a soft shell cause I did not see any shell.

Have had a health issue with my month old Orloffs. It was a small hatch and all the young ones have died. Very slow growth. My guess is an internal issue cause all the other chicks are fine. Maybe the eggs were too old? Last hatch looks good. i know a couple got too cold and didn't make it.
sad.png
Just the Orloffs all others are fine.

Spring must be around the corner... Got a nice dark Orloff egg today and all the hens in the single ladies pen, each layed an egg! The Delawares were unfortunately eating an egg. must have been a soft shell cause I did not see any shell.

Mrandmrschicken -congrats on the 100% laying.
I see you have Delawares - are you going to have any fertile eggs later this spring you are willing to part with?
hmm.png
Maybe we can strike up a trade. I see you are in NW Ia. I am north central, near Mason City. Are you planning on coming to the Waverly swap in April?
Let me know if you want to part with some Del eggs....I have a beautiful rooster, no ladies for him.

i got 10 eggs out of 12 girls today i was so thrilled and they were still warm. dogs are sad no frozen eggs. most of my girls are 2 now so i'm impressed with thier laying.
hard to think spring will be early in the middle of this white crap. sigh.

glad you got your cola i'm a cola junky too. love my brown pop. and my coffee. chocolate.......

Back
Top Bottom