IA here

Well I found a 4" personal fan today for $6.00 at Walmart and I put that in my incubator when I got home. Boy, did I have to turn down the heater. That circulating air makes a big difference.

I am still waiting for muscovy ducklings. I would have swore 35 days was on Sunday BUT I do remember now that when she first started sitting then she got off the nest for a few days again and then started sitting in earnest. So any day I should have ducklings...
fl.gif

Steph I hope summer school goes well. Tell that Blue to hush up so you don't get in trouble!

BTW.... are chicks you hatch out yourself generally calmer than the hatchery chicks? We have noticed how calm these 4 chicks are that hatched late last week. We are wondering if it is because that they haven't been shuffled through the post office and stuff.
hu.gif

Quote:
My husband catches him and puts him in time out - he crows in mockery. I have even heard him laugh at my husband
tongue.png

I really, really want to put him in the hall of breeds but with the amount of crowing he does (even at 3 in the morning) I am just worried the neighbors are going to flip on me. We are already on their bad side for calling the city on the house next door (it is empty but used to belong to another neighbors mom) We avoid calling the city on others because of potential retribution for the chickens but the next door house has a collapsing wall that has become dangerous and is affecting our property/foundation.

I well understand. Our neighbors father diedlast weekend and the funeral was well planned for a couple days after his death. They still had a lot of family and I tried to keep the chickens as quiet as possible out of respect.

Quote:
So that Buttercup is a rooster? Would he mate with large fowl chickens? And if he did, what would you end up with? Large fowl chicks or banty chicks? I would love to have a rooster that crows out here in the country.....but I don't want a bunch of bantys in my flock, they just aren't practical for me. I do believe I have one or two roosters in my Silver-Laced Wyandottes I got in May.

Yes, I got him signed up so barring any illness or unforseen circumstances, I will be bringing him.

Yes, that storm was a bummer. We had visiting family here from Virginia and couldn't be outside at all.....and our house is way too small for too much company for too long, especially when half of them are kids!

Yes, the Buttercup might mate with the big girls or try. They are kind of shy however and you may have an alpha female that would not allow such shenanigans! He would make an excellent 4 - H project! Just don't hatch the eggs! You can check him out when you're here. Got some other odball males that are very pretty. Have chicks hatching today too!

Quote:
Not always. They are calmer than chicks raised by broody hens though. I have three silkie mixes right now that are completely wild. Had to catch one yesterday and he bit the dickens out of my finger and screamed like he was going to die. These are the 3 Easter babies. I won't miss them come Sunday...

Quote:
That is so cute!

She looks like the last little white snowball in a pile of dirty snow melting in the sping!

Well, that's not a very flattering analogy
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom