IA here

Hey all,

I just had a lady call me asking for a pullet or two in the Des Moines area. I told her I had some friends in that area that may have something for sale. If you would like her contact info, just send me a pm or email.

Trish

Trish it was great to see you at the Burlington swap on Sunday. Are any of you interested in joining/showing at/helping the Eastern Iowa Poultry Club? It has been around for over 125 years and I really think it is more like 145 years old. It puts on one show per year (always Thanksgiving weekend). Several years ago they had over 2500 birds exhibited at the show, most years between 1500 and 2000. Current show site is about 5 miles east of Iowa City in an auction companys building1/4 mile from the interstate 80 exit. If interested PM me and I will give you information on who to contact.

In a few weeks I will start culling/sorting my Columbian cochin chicks. I hatched over a 10 week period and will be sorting out show potential birds for months and months. Last year I sorted 35 birds down to 4 in 4 cullings. This year I have over 70 chicks already and still have eggs under hens. I will be culling/sorting for a long time. I had so many people who wanted pullets only last year that I decided to only sell pairs this year.

Quote:
She looks like the last little white snowball in a pile of dirty snow melting in the sping!

Well, that's not a very flattering analogy
gig.gif

How about... she sticks out like a sore thumb!?

Quote:
I wonder if the first one is a cross, doesn't really look like a Muscovy, the second is definitely Muscovy and rather neat,thanks for pics!!

Last edited:
SE Iowa here, out in the sticks of Van Buren County. I have chicks--cuckoo Marans, buff Orpington, Easter eggers, barred Plymouth rock, and speckled Sussex--four doggers, and four catters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom