IA here

It's been a little hectic up here of late. My Mother-in-law, passed away very unexpectedly Saturday night, just minutes after leaving our home where we had a family gathering. It is fate or coincidence that Lora's youngest sister and her family were here for a visit from Maine so all three children and their families were here having a good time, it was a nice night. We have to remember that as we go through this period of sadness. Joy, if you read this, and have not been contacted by the 4-H folks yet, the "Poultry Plunge", will be rescheduled. Thats the day we are now having the private remembrance gathering at our home.

I am really sorry for your loss.

I am still in utter amazement that I saved those 4 muscovy ducklings by helping them to hatch. They are all together and doing great.

I am now on the search for some more layers that aren't too expensive that are young layers or very close to pol. I have 15 coming up but I just had someone put in a 4 to 5 dozen a week egg order. I can't do it yet. It also would leave me with no eggs for us and no eggs that I can put in the bator.​

Eric,

I kind of thought of worms later, but the poo looks mostly normal. Would they be able to get worms with not even being out yet? We cleaned the layers pen all out and have a fan drying it out. Idk why it just got so wet in there the past week. Going to buy a new waterer for in there too because that's what makes it wet. Tomorrow we will clean out where the chicks are. Lost a buttercup chick/pullet today :\\ jerrit caught it when it got out of the pen a few days ago and he had it kind of by the wing and I noticed it kept it's tail down, not sure if that is why or not. Birds are doing a bit better, still no Corid yet, but I have been adding the apple cider vinegar to the water and today I put a bit of duramycine in too since we have to small waterers for them. Not sure if that is helping or mixing in the layer feed. We will have to wait a few days and see how it goes. DE can be used as a wormer can't it? We are going to layer it down in the pens when they dry out and then the next day put new shavings in.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your loss, I wish you well. The big barn is out of sight yet:( but we have done some more building and always seem to make our flocks bigger. We are getting ready for the fair next month. I'll have to post some pics. of the fair birds for you.Don't worry about the cage , but would love to have you stop by if you get a chance in July. At least we won't be freezing our *** off. It was very cold when we seen you last alot has changed since then. We are using about 18 breeder pens right now. Nathaniel is showing one of the modern's we got from you at Iowa City.

I just got some "true aruacanas" - they are completely rumpless, so not EE's - and even they lay more of a light green egg
sad.png
It's all right though - I needed new green egg layers.

I am way to excited about a duck egg
cool.png

But I've had the stinker since the beginning of April and she is last summers hatch. All of her siblings have little broods walking all around with them at Art's house. It just wasn't fair!

Back
Top Bottom