IA here

Quote:
Anything I can do to help.
clap.gif
Did he seem as confused with you as he did with me?
gig.gif
His tone was like, "What the heck?"

Quote:
Yes, I have about 5 like that. They all started out brown as chicks. I like the look of them the best, but I know they aren't really what we have been looking for. I have a couple with heavy red/brown markings on the wings and shoulders too but I'm not going to breed those. Hurley has a picture of one like that on the Iowa Blue thread. My plan is to start two breeding flocks with the heavy silver pullets in one and the black ones with silver laced heads in another. We'll see what happens
wink.png

Quote:
I don't know yet, the older group is only 13 weeks old now and the younger group 9 weeks. Since the IaBs eggs are so light, I'm hoping for a mint green. It is so hard to be patient!

Quote:
I don't know yet, the older group is only 13 weeks old now and the younger group 9 weeks. Since the IaBs eggs are so light, I'm hoping for a mint green. It is so hard to be patient!

I know what you mean--ALL of my chickens are about that age. I can't what to see what color eggs my EE's lay. Keep us posted, please.

Quote:

I know what you mean--ALL of my chickens are about that age. I can't what to see what color eggs my EE's lay. Keep us posted, please.

My Spring Chick hatch from March 20 are just now starting to lay. Most are EEs or AMs laying blue eggs but I crossed Welsummer hens with Ameraucana and EE roosters and got some lovely pullets. They are laying some pretty brown/green spotted ones just like I hoped! I'll have to get some pictures of them
big_smile.png

HI! I'm Jennie
I have 2 turkeys, 5 silkies, 2 ducks,, a frizzle cross, and a couple RR's
Msg me if you have any questions (sorry I don't respond to threads)
ROCK ON!
wink.png

Trish thanks for the goatie lessons today!! Hubby said I didn't smell too much
wink.png
He was very interested in all the stuff I told him but wanted to know why you guys milk SOOOOO early in the morning? Would like 4 am and 4 pm work?

I miss number 33 already - does she miss me? Oh and Gracie the kitten
big_smile.png

Several new pics taken today.

a male about 14 months old
49643_300.jpg

a hen that I kept back in case something happened to my other hens. She was not bred this year because her back wasn't clean enough. So I used her to hatch some Black eggs. She has 2 chicks with her. Hatched today.
49643_301.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom