IA here

Oops. In Maquketa.
How was the Maquoketa swap? We just live down in Clinton and had really wanted to go, but one of the kids got sick. :) This is our second year w/chickens and really want to get some silkies sometime! I too am having too much fun, and it's a good thing my hubby is the voice of reason, otherwise my chicken coop might just be as big as my house. :)

LOL last night I found the Icelandic underneath the turkeys - I'm a little concerned she'll suffocate. I'll try to move her to a cage and see if she'll either sit or break.

The show went very well! Kaitlyn got BB and BV with her black cochins that she got from Craig. She named them Martha and Henry. The columbian bantam cochins she brought were placed pretty high as well.

I got BB with my Ameraucana hen (trusty old blue 15) under both judges and same with my Welsummer pullet. My buckeye pullets were competing against each other. My RIR kind of flopped, but I figured. She is the narrowest hen I have and the only one that was fit to show. If I can break the rest of them from being broody, then maybe I'll bring some others to the state fair.

The trip was fun!

My friend, Cathy, bot BV and RV with her Gold Partridge Brahma's. That was pretty sweet!

The show went very well! Kaitlyn got BB and BV with her black cochins that she got from Craig. She named them Martha and Henry. The columbian bantam cochins she brought were placed pretty high as well.

I got BB with my Ameraucana hen (trusty old blue 15) under both judges and same with my Welsummer pullet. My buckeye pullets were competing against each other. My RIR kind of flopped, but I figured. She is the narrowest hen I have and the only one that was fit to show. If I can break the rest of them from being broody, then maybe I'll bring some others to the state fair.

The trip was fun!

My friend, Cathy, bot BV and RV with her Gold Partridge Brahma's. That was pretty sweet!
yippiechickie.gif
Awesome!

Hey Eric.

Looks like you did well at the show !

I didnt make it...had to deal with flood issues................. :(
We did okay. Am readying for Galesville now. Craig, are you attending Galesville?
Sent 5 adult bantam Orloffs off to CO this am.
Also got a second group of bantam Barnevelder eggs in the mail this am. First eggs are due to hatch next Wed. If I have good hatches I'll need a velder barn!

Quote: How was the Maquoketa swap? We just live down in Clinton and had really wanted to go, but one of the kids got sick. :) This is our second year w/chickens and really want to get some silkies sometime! I too am having too much fun, and it's a good thing my hubby is the voice of reason, otherwise my chicken coop might just be as big as my house. :)
We didn't make it to Maquoketa either. A couple of our kids had things going on. Our oldest girl wants 4H project rabbits, so we'll be on the hunt soon. Any suggestions on freeze-proof waterers for rabbits? As transplants from coastal California we've never had to think about such things lol!

We did okay. Am readying for Galesville now. Craig, are you attending Galesville?
Sent 5 adult bantam Orloffs off to CO this am.
Also got a second group of bantam Barnevelder eggs in the mail this am. First eggs are due to hatch next Wed. If I have good hatches I'll need a velder barn!

I guess I don't know anything about Gailsville.I think I am done showing until fair time. I cleaned out the coop for the Kalona Exotic auction this Saturday. Taking a pair of Columbians about 1 yr old, pair of Partridge about 1 year old, and 5 young Columbians. Sold 9 good birds on Wednesday also. I am still hatching and need to make room for 100 more chicks.
Craig

The trip was fun!

I am SO happy for Kaitlyn. A good kid! Did the one we pulled out of the barn to wash do well? Are you AI ing Cochins yet?
Craig

Back
Top Bottom