IAMS dog food, opinions?

I'm a fan of TOTW too. My dogs do really well on it, especially my allergy dog who has to be grain free.

If your going to feed Iams, Eukanuba or any of those pricy pet store names, check the labels carefully. You might as well save some $$ and just buy the cheaper Purina foods. You pay big bucks for some of those names but their ingredient list still shows you are just paying for the same corn, corn gluten, by products, etc.

And don't be fooled by meat listed as the first ingredient unless it is a meat MEAL. It has to be dried to make kibble and by the time the water content is removed that ingredient moves much farther down the list in reality. So if the second ingredient is corn gluten meal, well that's mostly what your dog is getting.

I like taste of the wild and blue buffalo, that is the main thing we feed our indoor dogs. Our outdoor dogs get Purina One, which although not the best food is still better then Iams, read the ingredients on it Chicken, then Corn, and I read somewhere that they add so much water to the chicken that corn is actually the first ingredient. If you can't afford or can't find the others close by you I would choose Purina One over Iams - Corn isn't listed until like fourth or fifth on Purina one.

Back
Top Bottom