Ice Cream Bars

I have 2 ICBs from my hatch of 5. There was a black, blue and partridge. Four survived and out of those 3 were autosex. There turned out to be 3 cockerels and 1 pullet. I culled 2 cockerels and kept a pair. They are 3 months old. They were raised under hens and so far, aren't pets. But they are coming around slowly.

These are cool birds in their own right, and I understand they out-lay the Isbars. If anyone else is interested in eggs, PM me and I can give you the email addy of where I got mine, who I highly recommend. Bear in mind, there is no guarantee you will get autosexed chicks. It's the luck of the draw, so to speak. I hope to get more of them.

Last edited:
The 4 I bought were supposed to be blue eggs that hatched out to be ice creamers that lay teal...I was sent these by mistake that the seller notified me was straight up isbar, which is ok since I wanted isbar too, seems fate thinks I need isbars first!!! Lol

Isbar eggs vary considerably in color. Most are greenish, but many border on a blue-green. They are very pretty eggs. By the same token, Legbar eggs aren't always blue and part of the Isbar makeup is cream Legbars. The ICBs seem to be a bit more rounded and "beefy" in type than the Isbars and should lay a bluish egg. Since my pullet isn't old enough to lay, I can't give an accurate report on that. Teal colored eggs sound beautiful and unique. Leliadax, I'd love to hear any information you can pass on about your ICBs.

Last edited:
I have Cream Legbars, three of them, and they all lay green eggs....
1f633.png

Only one of them lays a "bluish" egg. If you put it beside a white egg it almost looks blue. But, if I put it beside a blue Easter egger egg, it definitely looks green. I was sooooo disappointed...

My monitor shows your eggs to be brown, Enola. Some Isbar eggs on eBay look brown on my monitor but are claimed to be green by the seller. If yours are brown, they are not Isbar eggs.

Back
Top Bottom