Ice storm!!!!

We lost power for 40 hours total since the Christmas storm. My husband was in Denver on business. I went to the barn and brought up one of my sweet silkies and put her in the basement with my brand new baby Coronation chicks. She took every single chick and saved them all. Now I have the generator going and all is well, but I still have her with the babies--just in case! We arent out of the woods yet!

7381_silkie_momma_with_coro_chicks.jpg
Here she is. Isnt she a cutie?

Last edited:
There is NOTHING like a good mama! I have a couple frizzles cochins that are like that. We only lost power for a couple of hours and feel very fortunate.

Yesterday it was attack of the ice daggers. They were falling of the trees in droves. Today we just had rain and fog that melted down the trees and made a mess of the snow from Christmas still on the ground. My coop is now sitting above a swamp.

Quote:
AHHHHHH! How cute is that! That's a lot of chicks for one silkie - she is a good mama!

She is! When they get under her there are just little heads peeking out all over. She is very endearing. I just love her.

Back
Top Bottom