Icelandic Chickens

I got him from Sand Hill Preservation center, and they don't list the swedish flower breed. I have a few more pictures, but they are not great! He does have yellow legs. Since I am still learning, how to you tell my color. I thought they came in all different colors and patterns? Thanks!
I don't see Icelandics listed either. What I do see are muffed old english game. I'm going to try to link to a picture in this post...

Last edited:
Quote: True, but I don't see Icelandics listed either. What I do see are muffed old english game. I'm going to try to link to a picture in this post...

Sandhill does have Icelandics. Last year they were only available in assortments, but this year you can order just Icelandics if you wish. ETA- OEG have single combs, not rose comb. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction. Is the single comb true of the muffed as well? I'm just going on what I've been able to find online, all of the examples I see have rose combs. Of course, I've seen other things on the 'net that are widespread and untrue........

Do you know which line of icelandics they keep?

thanks! He really does look like a young version of yours(farmerboy) except rose comb., he doesn't look to me anything like an oeg. he has a rose comb and yellow legs. You are right and they are only offering them this year. so my luck from my assortment in the fall led to my new obsession!

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction. Is the single comb true of the muffed as well? I'm just going on what I've been able to find online, all of the examples I see have rose combs. Of course, I've seen other things on the 'net that are widespread and untrue........

Do you know which line of icelandics they keep?

Muffed Old English Game should resemble all other Old English Game, the only difference is they have a beard.

I got him from Sand Hill Preservation center, and they don't list the swedish flower breed. I have a few more pictures, but they are not great! He does have yellow legs. Since I am still learning, how to you tell my color. I thought they came in all different colors and patterns? Thanks!

He's an Icelandic then. Sandhill is the only hatchery so far to have Icelandics.

Did you get your new computer yet Kathy?
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom