Icelandic Chickens

My 11 Icelandic pullets and hens gave me 8 eggs the other day! Not bad for a group that includes a near 6 year, several 2-3-4 years olds and 3 pullets. I need them to not go broody before March 1st so I can set eggs for the Easter Hatchalong.
fl.gif
That's good amount of eggs.
fl.gif
For a EHAL Broody!

A voice from the past
caf.gif

Good to read the posts, and see what folks are doing.

I got on through much of what made me rehome my chickens, am living just a couple miles from where I did, and planning to hatch some Icelandics this spring, as soon as I can get the eggs lined up. Moving some of my pens to this location.

I want to just get 15 or so eggs, hopefully with some crests and varied colors represented.

The magazine link posted does work, and it was also posted near the beginning of this Icelandic discussion.

Good to be back, Happy Hatching to all.

Jake I asked about you a few times but, think mainly on Stella's Social club thread. So glad to hear from you and that you still plan on having chickens.

What is Sergei (don't know spelling) up too - does he still help you out?

A voice from the past
caf.gif

I got on through much of what made me rehome my chickens, am living just a couple miles from where I did, and planning to hatch some Icelandics this spring, as soon as I can get the eggs lined up. Moving some of my pens to this location.

I want to just get 15 or so eggs, hopefully with some crests and varied colors represented.

The magazine link posted does work, and it was also posted near the beginning of this Icelandic discussion.

I Jake nice to have you back!

My 11 Icelandic pullets and hens gave me 8 eggs the other day! Not bad for a group that includes a near 6 year, several 2-3-4 years olds and 3 pullets. I need them to not go broody before March 1st so I can set eggs for the Easter Hatchalong.
fl.gif
I need your Icelandics to tell my Icelandics to start laying again! I got 1 egg, then nothing!
A voice from the past
caf.gif

So nice to see you back Jake! Glad you are doing well!

Thanks, good to see the others still here. This is one of the real genetic treasures in the world today. I anxiously wait for their DNA to be studied, I think it has to be one of the purest breeds still left.

Hi

Yes he and his wife live 2.6 miles from me, with my four month old granddaughter , and she is more fun every day. I can see some chicks in her future
lau.gif
we are going to have a lot of fun together, a huge amount of things for us to do, camping, fishing, shooting(both parents also love those) , horses, and whatever else she wants to do.

I think I would like to get several lines going, Sigrids which I know, and all others. About 15-16 hens of each with a couple roosters to each line. .

There are several flocks in Northern MI, and plenty of room for more.

Jake! Good to see you back on here and glad to hear you are doing well.

What ever happened to these two lovely girls you got from me?

They are in a then new flock NW of me. They have progeny in that flock. I had thought she was on here.

Besides being beauties they were strong and laying well. Pure Icelandic beauties, and productive. I love those blue greys.

How are your chooks doing? Whats new there ? I have a lot of catching up to do !

Anyone in NC or south VA with icelandics? I'm considering buying an incubator because I want icelandics so bad! I'm considering ordering from David Gothe, I'm fascinated with their genetics.
I'm wondering how well they do in warmer climates as well.

Back
Top Bottom