Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
I suppose the next thing we will hear is some crazy thing like, "California fell off into the ocean." Right?
gig.gif

Weather is just crazy these days. What is with all this? I am freezing cold. I must be sick, because it is in the 50s.

Quote:
I suppose the next thing we will hear is some crazy thing like, "California fell off into the ocean." Right?
gig.gif

I heard something like that too, something about a huge earthquake by the 25th.

Quote:
gig.gif

Time to invest in Ocean Front Property in Nevada?
gig.gif

Quote:

gig.gif

At least its safe in MN, or at least I think it is?
lol.png

The wind is horrible here today Mary. And with how soggy our ground is right now, I'm really worried about all these big, tall trees falling over. (and hopefully not on my house!)

Just feeding the chicks and collecting eggs has been so difficult. The chicks freaked out when I was changing their water and a wind gust came while the door was open.

They have been saying for YEARS that San Francisco and LA will fall into the ocean with the next big earthquake.

Quote:

gig.gif

One problem there, the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
tongue.png

Quote:
Hey KATHY GOOD MORNING! I'm trying to figure something out.... yep you know me by now...LOL
lau.gif
If I alreqdy asked you this please forgive me. Among your chicks I have a mottled or two and that looks like mottle genes in the pics but I don't have any mottled in my chicks from Mary, and Sigirid said she never had any mottled Icelandics although Lyle Behl does and did. Did all your Icelandics come from Mary? and did you get them before Mary mixed her birds from Marty with her RALA birds? Ultimately all this means is did the mottled genes come from Lyle Behl's birds via Marty's line or other lines or was there a recessive mottled gene in the RALA line somewhere. None of my RALA birds from Mary have any mottling at all. Hope you are haveing a great morning, I am just a sipping coffee to get my brain going! Wish ya lived right next door!
celebrate.gif

Andy in Fredericksburg
smile.png

Andy, When did Sigrid say she never had any mottled Icelandics? I must have missed that. I thought mottling was common among them. I know that Marty Favre's flock came from Lyle Behl and she has lots of mottling with hers.

Mary, Didn't Orri have mottling, or am I mistaken?

Quote:
gig.gif

One problem there, the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
tongue.png

Changing search parameters accordingly. Thank you for pointing out my lack of foresight.

Quote:
Hey KATHY GOOD MORNING! I'm trying to figure something out.... yep you know me by now...LOL
lau.gif
If I alreqdy asked you this please forgive me. Among your chicks I have a mottled or two and that looks like mottle genes in the pics but I don't have any mottled in my chicks from Mary, and Sigirid said she never had any mottled Icelandics although Lyle Behl does and did. Did all your Icelandics come from Mary? and did you get them before Mary mixed her birds from Marty with her RALA birds? Ultimately all this means is did the mottled genes come from Lyle Behl's birds via Marty's line or other lines or was there a recessive mottled gene in the RALA line somewhere. None of my RALA birds from Mary have any mottling at all. Hope you are haveing a great morning, I am just a sipping coffee to get my brain going! Wish ya lived right next door!
celebrate.gif

Andy in Fredericksburg
smile.png

Andy, When did Sigrid say she never had any mottled Icelandics? I must have missed that. I thought mottling was common among them. I know that Marty Favre's flock came from Lyle Behl and she has lots of mottling with hers.

Mary, Didn't Orri have mottling, or am I mistaken?

Going to page 1...

Just for the record Mary said:
"This is Orri, which is a name for male poultry in Old Icelandic. He is almost four months old.

34566_orri.jpg

34566_orri-2.jpg

Yep, he's mottled.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom