Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
Oh okay, just tell me it's an outbuilding and not in your house! I'd love to see a picture of it. Here we keep our trout in lakes and rivers!
lol.png
I was picturing something like an ice fishing hut.

At least it's live fish, not dead ones. :lol

I think I can figure out the rocket room.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am packing them up right now. There is one with an "X" on it. Please ignore that. I wrote it on there and then by the time I put the pencil down I couldn't remember why I marked it. I think it was laid by a blue pullet but can't be sure.
th.gif

You mentioned flock behaviors. I took my camera down to the Icelandic coop tonight. Here's a little demonstration of flock behavior.

Front row all the way to the left. My foundation flock. Isi and his girls (minus the broodies). Nobody goes near these spots unless Isi says so.

34566_roostshots-1-4.jpg

Third row back are all 20 of the rock dwellers.

34566_roostshots-1-5.jpg

Front row all the way to the right are the new babies.

34566_roostshots-1-6.jpg

The middle row is empty! You know what this means? I need more Icelandics!

34566_roostshots-1-3a.jpg

Oh, I have a couple of kids rooms. You house these little creatures that eat you out of house and home, make messes all over the place and take all your money. Gotta love them though.

Other Interesting things my camera captured tonight.

Nice hairdo! Be careful what you wish for Kathy!
gig.gif

34566_roostshots-1-7.jpg

Check out the rafters to the far right. 3 Icelandic babies fresh out of the brooder last week!

34566_roostshots-1-8.jpg

You should take these three Kelly. You won't even need roost space!
ya.gif

34566_roostshots-1-9.jpg

Surely you can find a girl in here!

34566_roostshots-1-10.jpg

Or these three. No combs or wattles!
gig.gif

34566_roostshots-1-11.jpg

They don't roost out of concern for the other chickens. The patterns on their heads could cause the others to get dizzy and fall off the roosts. Plus, next week they are going to weight 130 pounds and they don't trust the 2x4's!
gig.gif
Martha Stewart and Judge Judy got it saggin' already!
lau.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom