Icelandic Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Sheriff, Feb 19, 2010.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Beautiful! Just gorgeous!

Quote:I will check my chicks closer today. Of my 8 breeder age birds (4 male, 4 female), I have no straight combs.

I don't know what this kinda comb is, but I think it is cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Quote:Congrats [​IMG]

3. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Quote:[​IMG] I'm really glad we don't have coons around here. Sorry you have to deal with them,

4. kathyinmo

Quote:[​IMG] I'm really glad we don't have coons around here. Sorry you have to deal with them,

Caught #6 last night. I hope I have the whole family soon!

5. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    #6 Wow Live Trap? So far I'm lucky the family of coons we have here haven't been around for a while. Relocating them?

6. kathyinmo

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. Jake Levi

Jake Levi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    Over a summer I have caught 18 coons, several skunks and several possums, the skunks and possums got rides, the coons stayed there.

Since the fur market was killed by the crazies their numbers have exploded way beyond the carrying capacity and they have become a scourge. I had a neighbor in upstate NY who hunted coons and at the end of the season he would have 2-300 skins to sell, without denting the local population, at least there was more then enough to repeat that harvest every year.

Now very few hunt them anymore. I wish that there were more.

8. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    You know Jake your right. The other thing is the Younger Generations are taking to hunting. I know just like deer season here in Mo the majority of the time the kill rates are a lot lower than what they were 15 years ago.

Hehe guess a rumor could be started lol Wild animals carry top of the line computers and cells phones along with gaming consoles.

I'm lucky I guess as we had a Family of 6 coons that I have seen in months.

9. kathyinmo

Nothing in my traps this morning. I am hoping I got the whole family or they moved on. I will continue to keep the traps set every night.

I continue to let all my girls out to free range each day, due to this unbearable heat. The boys know the routine now. I open the gate and back them into the corner (they actually go inside), and the girls come out. It's funny how they learn things like that.

Forecast is 103 today with heat index at 108. A chance of showers coming Monday. I sure hope that comes through.

Grandsons left this morning; back to Nebraska. I think they had a good time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Star Wars junkies huh? [​IMG] My oldest loves Star Wars - but now it's temporarily lost to Transformers.

Looks like they had a great time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by