Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
Yikes! Hopefully they will be ok. Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming.

Mary

I am hoping... The last hatch I did went down to 62 before the power came back on and I got an 80% form it so Im a praying my good luck stands....

Quote:
Yikes! Hopefully they will be ok. Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming.

Mary

I am hoping... The last hatch I did went down to 62 before the power came back on and I got an 80% form it so Im a praying my good luck stands....

If these birds have survived for so many years on an uninhabited island, then they can survive a slight temperature drop. They'll be fine.

Glad you are finding homes for your extra boys Mary! You ended up with quite a few blues!

My wheaton Ameraucana, Skye hatched out 2 Icelandic babies last night. She finally let me take a peek at them. Here they are, a chipmunk patterned and a blondie. Both are from Lukka's eggs.

34566_gallery.jpg

Hi guys, I just found this wonderful forum and thread. I have Icelandic chickens from Laurie Ball-Gisch (the lady who wrote the Backyard Poultry article). When I got them I could find very, very little information so I was really excited to finally find this! Right now I have two chickens setting on a whole passel of eggs
smile.png
I excited to hear/read all I can about this wonderful chickens.
DSC_0013.JPG

Yosemite Sam, our rooster
DSC_0031.JPG

One of our hens, Henny Penny

Back
Top Bottom