Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
Oh I am so sorry. I have had 100% fertility but these eggs were gathered during the brief periods between broody episodes with Lukka. I hope your one chick makes it and as they are available I'll make sure you have a few more to try. It won't be until Lukka starts laying again or my oldest pullets start laying which should be sometime in August.

I too am trying to incubate the two eggs she abandoned when changing nests. They were clear when I put them in but now are veining. I think she moved around so much from nest to nest that they never really started developing until I put them in the incubator.

Good luck!

Mary

Thanks .. I went ahead and left the one with the bloodspot in just in case... So hopefully I will have atleast one if not two Icelandic chicks soon.... Good luck on your hatch as well...

I am still paroling the roos from my first hatch of Icelandics. Four have already been sent back east and two more are flying out tomorrow. These are from my staggered hatch in late March/early April. Of 14 chicks hatched, 11 were roos! I kept only one and have two more looking for a new homes. If anyone is interested, they could ship out tomorrow when I take Kathy's birds to the post office. Worse case scenario, they won't accept them tomorrow because they weren't included in my reservation. My guess is that it will be fine. They require reservations for all live bird shipments from here because they go out on Fed-Ex airplanes for the post office. I have one shipping container left and these two boys could be winging their way into your heart for the cost of shipping only. My guess is that shipping would be under $50 anywhere in the lower 48, maybe even less.

So anyway, these two boys are available:

This is Rod Stewart. He is serving time for dress code violation related to haircut.

34566_xtraroos-4.jpg

He too loves the ladies athough his efforts are often overshadowed by the mere scent of Rico Suave in the air. Here he is trying to woo Frericka, the Victoria's Secret model.
She appears to be unimpressed, which seems to have taken him by surprise. "WHAT?"

34566_xtraroos-6.jpg

Noteworthy on Rod are his beautiful beige hackles, nice crest, straight comb, and orange saddle feathers coming in. I think he will be gorgeous.

Offered along with Rod is Bugsy. He is the youngest of the roos and is obsessed by bugs. His day is filled with stalking and chasing bugs. He has a nice crest forming, a rosecomb, golden hackle feathers and orange saddle feathers coming in.

34566_xtraroos-7ajpg.jpg

34566_xtraroos-10.jpg

34566_xtraroos-11.jpg

If you would like to have these boys, send me a PM and we can make the arrangements. As they become available, I would offer you pullets or hatching eggs to complete your Icelandic family. Once Bugsy grows out of the flying insect stage he's gonna want some ladies around. Right now, he couldn't care less!

Thanks!

Mary

P.S. I will post if they are spoken for.

Last edited by a moderator:
The parolees got some time out in "The Yard" today for good behavior. Here are a couple of pics of them "scratching up some grub(s)"
lol.png

The boys Audun (white) and Ari:

44049_061610_first_outing_boys.jpg

And the girls Anna (dark) and Asta:

44049_061610_anna_asta.jpg

They weren't bad about returning to their "holding cells" when their time was up so more freedom maybe allowed in the future.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just hope Anna and Asta are girls!
gig.gif

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!
Their combs aren't showing any pinkness yet, so I'm hoping.............................

I have chicks!!! Yay! There are 5 so far in the the brooder and lots more eggs under the mammas! I feel bad though cuz I haven't being using Icelandic names
sad.png
Mine hens are Henny Penny and Twig and Yosemite Sam is the rooster. I did the same thing with my Icelandic sheep. We have Pebbles, Bam Bam and Lacey. Not very inspired huh? I will be back with baby pics.

Back
Top Bottom