Icelandic Chickens

At present I have 13 pullet Icelandics to one Drekki look alike.  Actually one is a hen... hatched last July.  4 hatched on NYD and the other 8 hatched at Easter.

Got 4 eggs today... 1 Leghorn & 3 Icelandics... Thank goodness I have Icelandics or we wouldn't be eating eggs.

I'm hoping with fingers crossed that Drekki II will be a quiet crower... or I'll have to say goodbye to him....

If not, I'll have eggs for hatching at  New Years.

Mary that goat pic could win an award!

If he is like Dreki, he won't crow very often.

Hey I have 2 different import bloodlines in my Icelandic flock. 2 hens from Mack Hill (Lyle line) and a 7 month rooster "Lundi" who is a direct import from Iceland.

ALL SALES ADS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE BSA SECTION.
~Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, haven't been on awhile so I have a lot of catching up to do, congrats to all of you with your beautiful birds and hatches!. I have 5 young cockerels from Mary (not a farm) and can only keep 2 of them. They are so beautiful I can't stand to put them down. So I would like to give them to someone near Iowa who is committed to keeping icelandics pure!

A.
:
B.

B. and C. (one in the pen is icelandic from sandhill I am keeping for now)

These are the two from Mary (not a farm) I am keeping;

Okay, Icelander is setting us up with some hand-delivered eggs to start our flock and some great first-hand information and background on the breed. And I'll be standing in line for any spare chicks if I'm allowed. More than worth a ferry trip!

Anyone else here in Western Washington raising Icelandics?

NotaFarm - Thanks for the camera info. I just need to learn to use mine better.

Debs_Flock - Chicken breeding throws me too. I'm used to registries and pedigrees.

Sheriff - I enjoy your videos, I never realized how much time they took for you to post.Thanks for taking that time. I'm glad you'll have high speed soon.

ReiMaree - Nice looking flock, I hope you are able to post more here.

Joyous - That is a nice group of roosters. Yesterday, my wife and I were discussing the possibility of building a bachelor pad next year. I hope they find homes.

Judges4 - Welcome to the wonderful world of Icelandic Chickens (assuming these are your first). I hope you have a great hatch. Please post some pictures of the hatch!

Day 20 ......my first Icelandic has hatched and another nearly out - - my Welsummer hen has
been sitting on 12 eggs - - can't wait to see what colors I get! Fingers crossed that I get at least 4-6 pullets!

Hi guys! I'm back! Still VERY tired though.

All my chickens are fine, even with a huge fire near us. Although my broody did lose an egg while I was gone. She had 7 and now there are only 6.

This country girl would not do well living in a place like New York. I got completely lost in New York Penn Station. I completely underestimated how long it takes to get anywhere............you don't do anything quick in New York. We also made it to Philadelphia and saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall - well worth it, even with the rain.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom