ID Stool Pics: possible Cocci returned?

I don't think so.
However, by now, they should have become resistant to the species of coccidia on your property.
Coccidia is everywhere and any animal with soil contact will have some evident in a fecal sample. It doesn't always mean they have coccidiosis.
Cocci is any spherical shaped organism, usually a bacterium.
The protozoa that is concerning to you is called coccidia.
If you have some time, could you please check out some new info I added today? I don't know if you get an alert simply because you responded to the thread already.

Thank you both.
I brought him in the house to at least give him some relief from the heat. I thought about electrolytes, but doubted I could get him to drink since he wouldn't eat or drink outside, & now he'd gone to sleep. Instead, I drew up some Nutri drench to give in the beak. When i took him out of the carrier, he seemed more alert & was suddenly interested in their remaining wet mash I'd brought in, so I mixed the Nutri drench in it, & he gobbled it up. Wouldn't drink after, but full of energy & getting loud! I wanted to keep him overnight, but now decided he might stress too much here, & have more peace back in the coop. He looked good for several minutes after he got settled in with the others. Fingers crossed. Temps are not as hot tonight - about 85° at 9 p.m.
Tomorrow I'll put electrolytes in everyone's water.
I also didn't spray down the yard with the hose for them the past two days like I always do. I'll start doing that again too.

Back
Top Bottom