Ideal 236

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I have a friend who ordered an Ideal 236 chick, but now won’t be keeping all the chicks she ordered. She’s offered it to me. I don’t usually keep production breeds, and know nothing about this hybrid. Does anyone have one and can share their experience? I don’t have a white layer so I’m very tempted, but we like to be able to handle our birds for grooming/medication needs, and the description says “not docile” which makes me nervous. Thanks!

I would not go by that "not docile" description personally. I think that any chick that is handled from young, and often,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, will turn docile. I remember when I had young children,, and they continually played, with and petted the chickens regularly,,, all my chickens were quite docile. 20 some years later,,, I no longer have the chickens being petted regularly. My chickens as somewhat less docile these days. They are still somewhat friendly, as they are all pets.
I'm not familiar with your particular chicken, (236chick) but I have had many different types of chickens,,, including some production hens.
If things don't work out to your liking,,, it is easy to offer a hen for adoption. It is much more of a challenge rehoming roosters. Those often just end up as dinner for someone. That is also something I'm not against. The thing that I am against,,, Cock fighting, and Cruelty.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom