Ideal Ameraucanas

When my order from MPC came last summer, the surviving EE was all yellow (green legs, puffy cheeks). I was really disappointed that the other one (chipmunky) was DOA. Lily has turned into a lovely pullet, though. I hopw yours are that pretty.

60454_lily.jpg

The picture is a couple of months old -- she was 18 wks at the time. She lays a lovely green/blue egg almost every day.

Quote:

Wow she is a very pretty girl! I was curious to see what this little yellow girl will turn out like. The other has alot of blue and red so I think she will also be very beautiful. I already have E.E.s and love them so its not that big a deal to me. I love the differant colors you get, none look the excactly yhe same its so fun to see what you get. And the chubby cheeks are adorable!
wink.png
Most the chickens I have had have all been feed store chicks and I have never had problems, all have lived long healthy lives barring any nasty predator mishaps. Now my dogs are able to protect the coop at night and that has cute that problem out completely as long as they stay out of the neighbors yard
sad.png
Thanks all have a great day!

I just got 5 listed as Ameraucanas. Two are black, Two are like leopard marks and one is buff and bluish and kinda rust colored. All have the cheek puffs. They are 5 days old today.

This is Kate (her back anyway) on Thursday
And this next one is my fav bird (of my 26 total) Josephine. Also taken Thursday. Today both have a LOT more wing feathers and tail feathers starting to sprout. Amazing how fast they grow.

I just got EE's from Ideal and they are all very healthy and active. They are a present for my Mom for Mothers Day. She loves those colored eggs and the variety of colored chickens but I am more into brown egg layers. I think you have some lovely babies there.
thumbsup.gif

My EE's looked like little chipmunks too
smile.png

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

They finally started laying (though not very consistent due to the weather) but they are laying green eggs.

Last edited:
OH PRETTY! Thank you! I hope they are nice girls too. My boys are 2.5 and 5.5. We also have 2 Jersey Black Giants, 4 Rhode Island Whites and 4 Cuckoo Marans. We have 1 mystery boys we are keeping and 1 Cochin boy. I hope they are all sweet (or at least not nasty!)

Back
Top Bottom