Ideal--August...really?

Ideal has just posted this message on their website:

We are currently sold out of all st. runs and pullets until April 15th and Bantams until April 29th. We do have males of most breeds, Colored Easter Chicks, Ducks, Geese and Turkeys available through March and April.

You may place an order for items to ship in late April or May by calling us at 254-697-6677 option 2 for retail purchases or by placing your name on our waiting list. To add your name to our waiting list, please click the contact me button on any page of our website. You may list multiple items in one notification request.

You can try some other hatcheries. They are listed by state at www.CountryChickens.com.

Kathy in Texas

I'm not sure which breed would hold you up till August. We should be booking most common breeds for April 15th. If you spoke with someone at Ideal, I would love to know who it was so that I can correct them. We should not be booking anything past the 2nd week of June. We start putting breeders down for next year at that time and it gets so hot here, production begins to drop. We can not feasibly keep most of the rare breeds past mid July. The hatchability is affected too much by the heat of Central Texas.

Please e-mail me or send me a PM and I'll be glad to get you a ship date.

Teri
[email protected]

Ideal Poultry

Back
Top Bottom