IDEAL Hatchery: When did you get your chicks?

From what everyone else has said, usually withing 48 hours of shipment. I read somewhere that someone in NH got his shipment the very next day. But you've got to order your silkie a buddy! IDEAL's minimum order is $25 plus about $9 in shipping, so you might as well get a few and give em away

Yay :) I will, the only problem is that here there's no one who wants chickens...
hmm.png
We'll find a home for 7 out of the 8 we're gonna have to buy :p

FIRST EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! From my IDEAL Production Red alpha pullet (if that's what you call the biggest of the bunch). She laid it at the age of 23 weeks and 3 days. Then she laid again two days later. I noticed her rummaging through the next box as if she weren't sure what to do, then I came back a half hour later and there was a tiny egg in the box! Her siblings look not too far behind her!! I was worried that with them maturing right as the weather started getting colder that it would delay them, so keeping my fingers crossed that the others start laying soon too! My hens are moulting and I'm down to one or two eggs a day, so if my pullets will kick in I'll be back in the egg business!

You can see the odd-shaped pullet egg on the left compared to a regular sized egg from my #1 layer, a 1.5 year old golden comet.

Back
Top Bottom