Ideal Hatchery

My first order from Ideal was perfect;I chose the delivery date; they confirmed it by e-mail; then I got a call asking me what colors I wanted for my guinea order; they were very prompt and exactly on my delivery date the post office called me at 6:30 a.m. and said they were there for pickup immediately. I followed up with Ideal to express my satisfaction with my order. Either your order did not go through (probably) or someone dropped the ball (not likely). You would have gotten an immediate e-mail confirmation if your order went as well as payment processing.

Last edited:
Makes me want to order more chicks.... But i must stay strong and avoid the temptation due to the fact that they wont be ready for coop life in the winter and ill end up with tons of chickens in the garage again lol.

Now I'm kicking myself. I should have ordered earlier and gotten ducks and stuff. LOL.

Though this is my first time ordering chicks, and their communication was lacking, I am pleased with my chicks. They have done splendid. I told my DH how impressed I was with their good health/vigor, compared to my guineas that I hatched myself. He made some comment about how they didn't have to work hard hatching out of a shell (
hu.gif
I still don't understand that comment :aww . Plus, this is coming from the Country boy.. though he didn't raise poultry, he's seemed to have quite an opinion on how I should raise them.). I'm like, "Uh, honey, they both had to hatch out of a shell, and the chicks had the extra trauma of being shipped from Texas all the way here!" He looks at me, all shocked like, "You brought TEXANS IN THE HOUSE?!"
ep.gif
I thought to myself, "Duh, every time my brother and his wife visit, we've got Texans in the house!"

Speaking of:

alpacatex08, actually, I got both a confirm for the order with my requested delivery date (last month) and a confirm for the payment. I think that they just didn't have an updated availability on the site and waited until my complete order was available. More than likely it was the Iowa Blue or something that held it up. Which, my B-i-L is from Iowa, so we'll blame it on that one.
gig.gif

Should I tell him that the guinea eggs were from Kentucky?
jumpy.gif

Maybe it was just that you ordered things not hatching at the same time. They couldn't ship it if they weren't all hatching then. I have had 4 different orders from them and all have been the week after ordering them. I do try to make sure that what I'm ordering is all due to hatch at the same time though. 3 of the 4 orders arrived the day after shipping and one took 2 days. That one was in 2006. The two this year were shipped Wednesday and got here early Thursday morning.

Quote:
Online they said they were all available for at least 2 weeks after my requested time. But I find out that online is not updated as it should be.

Ideal hatchery may or may not comply with any and all terms of service, they are a profitable hatchery that is looking to sell as many chicks are possible at the hightest price. If and when you do order your chicks you can often call them at their number 254-697-6677and get some unavailable breeds.

Back
Top Bottom