Ideal Hatchery's BIG mistake

That must have been so upsetting, waiting for chicks, only to find out that they were shipped at a different time than expected, and also dead upon arrival. Since other posters have had positive things to say about Ideal, you might consider giving the company the benefit of the doubt. However, it's completely understandable if you decided to bring your business elsewhere for the time being.

hugs.gif

I've looked at all the hatcheries online and for variety and price I just placed my first ever hatchery order with Ideal. I hope my experience turns out to be a good one. I bet I call them today and let them know to notify me by phone of exact shipping day. Thank you.

Thanks, all, for the sympathy & encouragement. Everyone who lets Ideal (& other hatcheries) know how important it is to know for sure when chicks ship will increase the probability that the current policies will change. More importantly, it will reduce the number of DOA chicks.

Hooksetz, please let us know what Ideal says when you call--if they are willing to call you when your chicks ship.

I've only ordered chicks once (earlier this year)
I chose Ideal because they are here in Texas..

They let me know by email when they were coming..And the post office called when they arrived to make sure someone would be home to accept the order..

I'm really shocked they left them on your doorstep..
They told me they would have stayed at the Post office if I had not been there to recieve them..

Sooo sorry for your loss :'(

I had a bad experience last Nov with chicks from Ideal. However, it wasn't their fault and they still are bending over backwards to try and make it right so I have another order coming from them.
I am willing to give them another try but there are some hatcheries that I refuse to ever do business with again as they have horrid service and refuse to credit me back for half roos when I ordered all pullets!
he.gif

This time it does sound like Ideal made a goof but at least they are good enough to admit it and replace them! We are all human and we all make mistakes. It's the ones that refuse to stand behind their wrongs that burn me up.
somad.gif

Missy (customer service at Ideal) told me that they only email to confirm an order & then again if the order has to be changed & they can't reach the customer by phone. Be interested to know why you were notified, mirecipes. Did you make a special request?

My local post office did call early on Saturday morning & asked that I call them before coming to pick up the chicks. Assume that was so I would know beforehand that the chicks were dead. But I was out of town, so didn't hear the message till I got home on Monday. Our carrier left the chicks at my house because the P.O. didn't want a box of dead chicks sitting in the post office over the weekend. I can certainly understand that.

I talked to the post master a month ago & told her that I'd ordered chicks. She said I'd be called as soon as the shipment arrived so that I could pick them up immediately. We live in a fairly rural area, so chick shipments are not unusual.

There will be other chick orders, of that I've no doubt. Once the chicken bug has bitten, there's no cure. :)) Perhaps next year, I'll try Ideal again.

I have 13 of the most obnoxious, healthy, cutest little brats you have ever seen hopping out of their broder all over my bathroom right now. From Ideal. They were great, helpful, very professional. I know this was a horribly upsetting experience and do understand how you feel. However, since they accidentally entered the wrong ship date in the computer, they thought you DID know when the chicks shipped. Theri records would have shown that you talked and this was the date agreed upon. I wish you the best in getting your babies soon and hope you never have to deal with something like this again.

Edited 'cause WOW I can't type!!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Get your chicks from Cackle, I just received order from them today (25 Bantams) All alive and so strong and healthy, they knocked over waterer in the first five min I released them into brooding area.

Cant even count them so far they are running around so fast.

Cackle called me the day before arrival (reminder) told me exact date of arrival, even provided free heat pack I did not order inspite the transit was from Missouri to Florida.

So far I am very pleased with their chicks and service.

I am going to post more details tonight.

Quote:
They did change my order..
It was originally supposed to ship out the 14th, but they moved it to the 28th..
I don't think they tried to call..But if they did and the caller id didn't identify them well enough, I wouldn't have answered and they would have gotten the machine..

I did call a couple times (both them and the PO, just cause I'm a "nervous nellie"
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom