1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal is having a special on "Ameraucana" Pullets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by juliechick, Nov 17, 2008.

1. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Got this email the morning. I'd love to get some, but I can't so I'm passing on the chance.

Here is your chance to obtain Ameraucana Pullets at only $1.75 A huge savings off the regular price.
    Don't miss this opportunity to obtain a fresh flock of hens. Go to our website now and place your order, or call us at 254-697-6677 during our regular business hours of 8 am to 5 pm central time closed from 12 to 1 for lunch
    Place special order code 112408 in the comment section of your order blank.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Too bad they practice the art of false advertising............

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

You must order 25 to get this price also.

4. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Why/what are they advertising falsely? [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:They've really got EE's...but some of them are VERY nice. I'm considering getting some since I haven't had any luck hatching any true ameraucanas.

6. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Ah, thanks for the clarification! DD wants EEs next time around, but I'm not in any position to do this right now. We're not picky, though,.... just give us colored eggs coming from a sweet, pettable chicken and we're happy.

7. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I ordered 2 EE's from them back in August, thinking I was ordering Ameracaunas. They are both very nice chicks. I just hope they lay colored eggs!

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I got it too but don't need 25 by any means.

9. shelleyb1969

This is straight from the email I received this morning...

"This special applies only to Ameraucanas hatched and shipped prior to November 24, 2008. Offer applies only to orders of 25 or more Ameraucanas. The regular small order charge on orders of less than 100 chicks applies, as does the boxing charge if you add a few males. Air mail charges apply to shipments outside of the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma."

10. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

I am fine with EE quality for layers, I ordered 50. I can't keep them here, I will grow them out, keep any really nice ones and sell the rest!

M

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by