Ideal is having a special on "Ameraucana" Pullets

There is no such thing as x-raying anymore. The machines have been replaced with better ones that scan. They hardly put out any detectable radiation.

This is why you can now take film with you on airplanes. It is the same technology as what your carry on luggage goes through at the airport.

You can call your local post office and find out who to talk to about that. They will also tell you that type of "out-dated" technology is gone.

Seriously? That's good news.

I am on some of the chicken groups on yahoo, and there is someone on there who works (or used to work) for the postal service, and mentioned x-raying, and how to mark the boxes with "live embryos" instead of just hatching eggs, because they may still get x-rayed. He must be retired, or just out of the loop, lol!

Don't know if Michael Muenks still sales eggs or not. About three years ago, I bought eggs from him and later we even did an egg swap. Check and see if he will sale eggs in spring or summer of 09. His eggs hatched fine for me and I am in Georgia. Soonerdog
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you ever get up to Little Rock? I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime with some EE and/or Ameraucana eggs (No, I'm not confusing the two--I have a bunch of EEs who are laying like gangbusters, and B/B/S Ameraucanas from eggchel and Cree Farms). The Ameraucanas are currently "on strike," but the EEs (which did come from Ideal) are laying REALLY well.

I talked to Margie today at Ideal to verify the price and what my order total would come to for 25 chicks. Total cost including shipping and handling, taxes etc. is $53.75. Well I can't have 25 birds in my backyard, per the city but if anyone else near me in Louisville, KY area is interested in splitting the order with me I will order them. I would also like a couple of nice silkie hens, buff orps, Delawares, RIR, and Minorcas for my flock, but will have to wait I guess until the spring for those.

ninjapoodles, I don't get to LR much, but that's definately not too far to drive if I need to for eggs or chicks.

I might have some blue/black/splash stock lined up, but not sure. It's quite a drive, but they're adults, so might be worth the extra gas and time.

Even if I get these, I might still want some pure Ameraucana chicks this coming Spring though.

Right now, I need to find homes for a few Silkie cockerels to make some room.

we just ordered 80 from them so by the middle of the summer ill have plenty of babies an eggs here in ne okla.i bought some of them from atwoods in the spring an they all are green an blue layers an they get theirs from ideal.

Okay, I read through this entire thread so far and my question is what is the difference from americaunas and aracaunas. I hace 4 of them that should be laying soon and a rooster. All of them are different colors but cackle hatchery sold them to me as americaunas telling me tat they didn't have the latter. Are these actually EE's?

I've got one ee from Ideal that's almost two years old and she lays a green egg.I got 7 straight run chicks from my feed store this spring that came from Ideal and I ended up with 3 pullets and 4 cockerals.I got my first 2 greenish to blue eggs last Saturday.Two of my pullets are almost solid black and one is buff but the cockerals are really really colorful with nice beards.In fact if I keep any there's one that has a black muff so I might name him Black Beard. lol

Back
Top Bottom