Ideal Poultry Silkies / Order split

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
How good are their birds? Im not exactly looking to have great quality but would like them to look pretty good though. I want to order a few silkies because my silkie chick I "think" was a hen drowned itself today
hit.gif
I have one other but it looks like hes turning into a male compared to how people told me the males look like. another reason id prefer Ideal is because I dont want to have to order alot of them. Unless anyone close to my area wants to split a order? Pics? (I want to get black)

Last edited:
The feed stores in this area all buy from Ideal. I have gotten large fowl and Bantams and have been very happy with them. I love all the lil feather footed ones. Have had their birds for around 12 years. Always get what I ask for. I began this year to order my own from Ideal skip the feed stores. I am happy with them. Doesn matter about show quality we are very limited in the shows in this area. I am happy with my birds. Will get more this spring.
thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't get their Silkies, just my opinion. Of all the breeds I ordered from them, the Silkies were the worst and barely looked like Silkies to me. Many had no crests and non- feathered feet.
They were nothing at all like the better quality Silkies I bought. I was extremely disappointed in their Silkies. Again, that's my opinion and others may like them. I got mine in 2007 and 2008.
Maybe they improved since then.

I have sold all tht I got from them and now have 14 from breeders. Well I still have my first one Ozzy a rooster but he stays with my EE's. (The first one)
26449_copy_of_ozzy_3.jpg

26449_dsc01072.jpg

26449_dsc01502.jpg

26449_dsc01505.jpg
26449_dsc01299.jpg

Just what I got. Breeders are way better, but the people that got them love them.

Last edited:
I have never bought from Ideal
but have heard all good reports from others that have.
I just have gotten my first silkie hatching eggs from Breeder on BYC
and they are beautys almost 3 months
old. and you sure have some beautys
Im waiting to see who is what.
D.gif

I do know I have one white roo and 2 black but cant tell
yet what they are He?she/
gig.gif

I received an order from Ideal Sept 30th some partridge and buff silkies 5 total. None were bearded. One of the partridge silkies has a decent crest.The rest of my LF chicks are looking pretty good I have bought silkies from Cackle and they have decent crests and are bearded. The roo in my avatar came from Cackle. I also have some chicks from a private breeder and they are really nice lookin chickies.

Back
Top Bottom