Ideal Poultry

I separated the packing peanuts later the same day they arrived. Yes, the chicks that are dying are all smaller than the packing peanuts. I read on the Jaerhon thread where they are smaller birds but the chicks are still good sized chicks. Well, these things are not "good sized chicks". Not quite as small as bantams, about 3/4 the size of the packing peanuts. Someone suggested that they might have come from pullet eggs, but since I've never had Jaerhonds, Brabanters, or Spitzhaubens, I cannot say. I've lost 7 of 14 of my order (not counting the packing peanuts).

We are ordering tonoight!!!!!!!!!!!11
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
Even my dad is bying like 7 leghorn pullets,i'm ordering 5 d'uccles and rose is ordering 4 mottled japenese! I hope my chicks don't die because I will get a replacment! I also entered a contest for 25 rare assorted laying pullets! i will now if i won on the 15th. For Ideal that is "Hatch Day America"
love.gif
I have turned into a jabber jaws!
duc.gif

cjwalden:

my 'source' thinks it's bad breeding - maybe the hens weren't up on high protein layer food yet, or something like that. Pullet eggs are a possibility, too, imho. Not likely an incubation issue or you'd see it with more breeds - hatchery incubators are huge! The rare breeds may be on satellite farms that aren't run by Ideal - if so who knows what those farmers do...

I do hope Ideal gets it taken care of so that this doesn't happen later or next year. I'm sad for all the people who ordered early and now may not get replacements because the birds they want are sold out...
sad.png

I am going to be very sad if I can't at least get my Brabanter...
hit.gif

same here , I already didn't get the self blues I originally ordered due to they didn't hatch. I went to the silkies I lost and all are not available for a couple weeks. They did have the b.c white polish as of last night for this week but they maybe gone when I call in a while. I didn't have any die last night so that is good.I guess I will just go with what ever colors they have left in the silkies as I need them now for my daughter.

called Ideal and had to wait because they lines were busy but didn't wait to long on hold, They are sending out all my replacements wednesday and I asked her about the ones I lost that say not available and she was so nice and said when we replace we make sure those go out first. She was very nice and understanding and took care of me right away and said she even going to try to see if she could get me a self blue that I originally ordered instead of the black silkie but she said they are not getting very many of them right now due to hatching issues. I am so pleases with the customer service they have. Great people to they have working for them and wonderful replacement policy. She did say that you understand we will send more peanuts and I laughed and said I understand as I am trying to find the ones I have now a new home.

Just got off the phone with Ideal. They are replacing the chicks along more packing peanuts, ship date 2/22. They were so very nice and polite. I offered to pay additional postage but they declined. I almost feel guilty now. I'm sure I will order from them again. I'm already plotting my next round of "must haves". But I will have so many boys now to find homes for.

Back
Top Bottom