Ideal Poultry

I'll always order from Ideal. Everything I have gotten from them has been top notch and healthy. Just got 7 Brahma peeps yesterday and they're all so active and cute!

You say you read tons of posts of people with dying Ideal chicks. How many is tons? And please, compare that to the tens of thousands of orders that are shipped out each week. The actual complaints are minimal and I would still say it's something they picked up on the trip through the post office or at your place.

ChickenPrnces you are not the only one! My Ideal chicks did poorly (first order ever from Ideal), and the replacements also did poorly. Ideal did offer to send a second set of replacements, but I didn't want any more packing peanuts. I have less than half of the rare breed chicks left. All my losses were within the first 5 days, not over an extended period of time. But I have to agree that the chicks just seem small and week, not necessarily sick.

mine were not sick, Mine were weak as well as cjwaldons and The first I lost were in the first 3 days I got them. The ones I lost were all very tiny for bantams compaired to the other bantams.I am sure my first order had to do with how cold it was as well. I got mine in the beggining of february on 10th . I am in indiana and the day they got here it was in the lower 20's for the high that day. I lost 7 out of 25 within 3 days. Not one was sick and the rest never got sick. Those were weak when I got them.My replacements I got a week later 25 more chicks once again the weather was in the 40's when they showed up and I lost one peanut that was WEAK not sick and I have not lost any more so I don't think lossing 8 out of 50 chicks from being weak is the horribly bad. No it's not great but being small and weak and being sick are completly different issues. Mine are 3 and 4 weeks now and are very healthy and doing wonderful.We were just trying to help as you asked and we gave you our opinions and what our chicks were doing and why we lost some in the first few days not weeks later.
idunno.gif

We we received ours last May, they were all healthy. I did have one very small one. It was about 1/2 the size of the others. It has stayed
small..but not quite bantam sized. It it did need a little extra care for the first couple of days with poopy rear. When it grew to its full size, it was still a little bit smaller than the other ones..but not much. It actually became my daughter's favorite.

I have had 7 orders from Ideal, 6 last year and 1 this year. (and another that will be here any time now). I have only lost 1 weak chick from all of my orders. All of my others chicks have thrived and have grown into beautiful birds, both chickens and ducks. I am really happy with Ideal, I have ordered from another hatchery that I wasn't too thrilled with but they sent me replacements and now the replacements are doing ok. I know I will keep ordering from Ideal and Mt. Healthy, the other hatchery not to sure (I had a mess of things happen chicks die, crossbeak, wryneck and they sent the wrong chick) But Ideal is my favorite hatchery!

Thank you Hideaway Haven and Cjwaldon for chiming in here! I new I was not the only one!!! Cj it sounds like you also ordered the"rare breed pullet special"! That is what I ordered that stinks! Apparently it was something in Ideal's SPECIAL birds that caused this! Unless your chicks caught it from my birds all the way in Missouri!
lau.gif
Don't think so!!! We have moved on to Estes and have 100 chicks coming from them tomorrow! We shallse how they do!!!

I ordered specific breeds and quantities. Granted, they shipped Feb. 10, so weather was not on their side, but still the chicks were too small for their respective breeds. I have no idea why my large fowl rare breed chicks were so small. Sometimes things happen, and I'm not going to pass forever judgement based on one experience with one order. Ideal does have great customer service.

Back
Top Bottom