Ideal Poultry

I've had a really great experience with Ideal, we ordered 56 and kept 7, the rest went to local chicken keepers and out of all those chicks only one died (because one of the people who split the order dropped in at the post office, that was really sad) and they are just over 2.5 weeks old now, they have amazing dispositions for being game breeds, the cornish and malay are developing dead on, you can already tell their breed and how their body structures are, I got really lucky apparently. My chicks were vaccinated and shipped next day and all arrived happy and healthy but we were shorted 3 EE chicks because they didn't want to overcrowd the box for 50 chicks too much, I think. I wanted extra males but the box was simply too full.

Good hatchery on my part, are you guys sure you've had that many issues with them?

I canceled my former order with Ideal (changed my mind about breed choice) and placed a new order. I am getting 11 chicks: 4 Russian Orloff males, 6 Russian Orloff females, and 1 Assorted Longtail Pullet. I hope to start a Russian Orloff breeding project with four of the best Orloffs I receive. Ideal said they would call/email me when a good shipping date opened up. I'm on a waiting list for Orloffs.
sickbyc.gif

~Gresh~

the only issues we all had was some weak ones that didn't make it within the first 3 days and we all got our orders first of february so I believe that had something to do with mine as it was very cold and those were very tiny. None of us had or do have sick chicks that I know of. Mine are doing amazing and growing like weeds. My silkies are starting to fluff out very well. My standard white cochin male I got looks like he will be better than my bbs cochins I got from a breeder from eggs I hatched. He has gorgeous feathers on his feet and legs. can barely see his toes he has that much. I am so very happy with my chicks. I will get some new pictures today of them and post. ok people post the pictures of the growing chicks please.
woot.gif

Okay, glad your chicks are doing so well...I was reading on here getting a bad impression when my chicks are doing so well.

ok here are a few of mine, now 5 weeks and 4 weeks old. first is the standard white cochin rooster I was telling ya about, check out how beautiful his leg and toes feathers are. Then a gray silkies starting to feather out real nice. will post more of the others tomorrow. been a busy day.

Okay, glad your chicks are doing so well...I was reading on here getting a bad impression when my chicks are doing so well.

I love your avatar as I have an OE and she looks just the same. This is her taken today with her new baby just 5 days old .First day out with baby. She hatched 5 but I got rid of the rest and this one hatched 3 days after the others went to a new home so it gets to stay..
they baby isn't even hers, she went broody and sat on some silkie&ameruacana mix eggs and that is what the baby is lol.Very good momma and very protective.
thumbsup.gif

I've had good luck with Ideal in the past - but has anyone had any issues recently with them substituting birds in your order and not letting you know? I've got a couple of other threads going trying to figure out what breeds of birds I've got - there are two still unidentified (my avatar is one of them in question). I've heard that they haven't had the best of luck with their orders this past few months with the heat/drought and everything. I ordered a specific breed pair and got two of something else - also ordered a specfici rooster and got something else that is currently unidentified. I don't plan on calling to complain - the 'mystery birds' are fun to try to figure out. But I was wondering if anyone else every got substitutes and didn't know it?

Back
Top Bottom