Ideas fon preventing King snake from getting my goose eggs on nest th

The question was how do I prevent a kingsnake from eating my goose eggs and I said kill it! I have speckeled king snakes and I never killed one and have told the kids never to kill one but I have never had any problems out of them. I have found them at night eating copper heads and that's why I like them. If it is what is eating your eggs I don't know how else to prevent it from getting your eggs other than catching it and relocating him or keep your geese in a snake proof pen. We have tons of 6' chicken snakes and my brooders and 2 grow out pens both 8'X8' are made of 1/2X1/2" wire. Never had a snake problem in them.

King snakes almost definitely are not eating your goose eggs. If you were talking about one of the rat snake species, maybe. But kings can't stretch as much as they can when it comes to swallowing wide meals. I have kept many many corn snakes and kings and milks (which are basically kings as well) and I know you always have to feed them two smaller mice, where you'd feed the same sized corn one really big one. I think these is because they've adapted to snake and lizard eating- things that are narrow and long..

So probably a combination of putting a bottom under the nest and maybe penning her when she sets? Can you move a setting goose:D? Had one nest years ago, and they hatched 3 out in the open! Before 'goose info" was available.

Ok this may sound dumb but I did it this summer. We got our chicks and 1 week later a black snake got into the brooder and ate 1 of my babies. I was very upset. I did some major research. I put boxes of moth balls around the brooder the building they were in and believe it or not chopped up garlic. They have garlic oil spray but it is very expensive. So I figured chopped would do the same. After I did this I never had another snake around getting my babies. Even after we moved them outside when they were older. I just know this worked for me. I swear by it. Good luck and hope it works for you too

Back
Top Bottom