Ideas on Breed? BCM, BSL, EE?

AlaskaEE

Chirping
Apr 12, 2017
I posted in a different thread, but thought I'd start this one so I can keep track in the future. Plus, I don't have any chicken-raising friends to chat with about my chicks, so I'm looking to BYC! :)

I had 7 straight-run chicks, 2 of which were clearly roosters. Since we live in the city, we had to get rid of them, and I'm pretty sure the 5 left are pullets. I'm just curious what breed 4 of the girls might be (the fifth is an easter egger - I'll post pics just for fun!). They'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow.

WAFFLES (the only one of the bunch with a ring of rust feathers around her neck. She had the quintessential white around the eyes like BCM chicks.)

TULIP

MRS. FEATHERBOTTOM (she's getting wattles - is that a sign she's a he?)

ANNABEL LEE (Her comb is not as red as the picture looks, and she has a blue/purple sheen on her feathers)

SUNDAY (my Easter Egger)

Do they all have pea or rose combs? That's what I'm seeing. Are the suppose to be purebred, to me they look like mixes.

Do they all have pea or rose combs? That's what I'm seeing. Are the suppose to be purebred, to me they look like mixes.

As far as I can tell, Waffles, Annabel Lee & Tulip have pea combs and Mrs. Featherbottom has a rose comb. They're mixes for sure - previously I had thought they were BR mixes, but now I think they are BCM, BSL or EE mixes.

I see EE in the mix and probably something like Australorp. They look like pullets to me except for the last red one. Those that color are often roosters, but the comb currently looks pullet.

Back
Top Bottom