Ideas on breed?

jandmeg07

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
Cheboygan, MI
We got our 4 chicks and 1 roo from our local feed store. Our rooster is black with a white stripe on his head. Our girls *hopefully* are deep gold and yellow. The man who helped us said the girls will grow up to be red/brown. I've been reading many of the old posts and maybe the girls are Bovans? No idea what our roo is. Does anyone have an idea? We'd appreciate any info you have! Thanks so much and again, we are so happy that we've found this forum!

I can't picture black with a white stripe...
hu.gif

A picture would help.
big_smile.png

But the gold one sounds like a red or gold sex link. They come with all different names -including the one you mentioned- depending on who bred them.

They are the result of a cross between a red or gold male and a silver gened female. The females offspring are buff the males are white. I LOVE them! That's what Ella in my avatar is. They're amazing layers are really sweet!

Also,
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you both for the quick responses! I'm loving these message boards. Here a couple pics. Whatever breed they are, they are the sweetest little things and are a great addition to our "nest". Being new to all of this, we just wondered what they might look like when they grow up. Thanks again!

11164_dsc00335.jpg
mg]

URL][img][img]

Thank you so much for the responses, we really appreciate it! Thanks for the links also. I'll post pics as they grow.
smile.png
Have a great week! ~Megan

Back
Top Bottom