Identifying this white color chicken?

OtakuDeNoche

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2019
Texas

Hey back again guys and gals. I'm the Houston dude that ordered fertilized Japanese Black Tail Buff Bantam eggs(which btw only 3 of six made it from the 20'ish days incubation period, got 2 hens and 1 roo, what are the odds? lol) Anywho yea as the title goes I really like the colors on this white chicken, it's very unique! My father was the one that actually acquired her on a weekend in a small public livestock market down in Splendora. I'm just gonna assume she is probably a crossbreed of sorts. She's a tad bit louder than any of the other hens(also have a red cross around) so we are easily able to tell if she is nearby or just being herself, not as loud as a rooster or anything.

P.S. Imma go and look at my first thread and see if I can update it w/ pics from the incubation period. I'll post the link to the other thread here

Edit: Seven eggs, not six

Last edited:
Update: Been thinking about grabbing me some day 1 Columbian Wyandotte Bantams, heard those are really broody as well, any thoughts or anything I should know?

Your larger "white" hen is a crossbred. Wyandottes are not typically known for high broodiness. If your wanting broody bantam hens get Cochins or Silkies.
Double damn lol, I thought I had some ultra rare chicken breed or something, oh well. Yea figured the Columbian Wyandottes Bantams aren't the best for broody hens, still I like how they look & managed to order day 1 chicks from idealpoultry(which is like an hour or two away from Houston) and am excited. I honestly thought throwing in 3 regular sized chickens(bantams were like 2-3 months first in my backyard) would cause issues since they are a smaller breed, read the stories and such. Don't know what this pecking order business is about as I haven't personally seen it but my JP black tail buff bantam roo sure makes it clear that he is king 'round here. Also from time to time I see my roo and other chickens make some sort of hostile interaction w/ each other? All they do is just stare at each other w/ both their neck feathers fluffed up like that one dinosaur from Jurassic Park. Though I always check to make sure they dont have any injuries(scratches or pecking) on their body, but so far thing are good.

P.S. My bad didn't mean to type this much lol

Double damn lol, I thought I had some ultra rare chicken breed or something, oh well. Yea figured the Columbian Wyandottes Bantams aren't the best for broody hens, still I like how they look & managed to order day 1 chicks from idealpoultry(which is like an hour or two away from Houston) and am excited. I honestly thought throwing in 3 regular sized chickens(bantams were like 2-3 months first in my backyard) would cause issues since they are a smaller breed, read the stories and such. Don't know what this pecking order business is about as I haven't personally seen it but my JP black tail buff bantam roo sure makes it clear that he is king 'round here. Also from time to time I see my roo and other chickens make some sort of hostile interaction w/ each other? All they do is just stare at each other w/ both their neck feathers fluffed up like that one dinosaur from Jurassic Park. Though I always check to make sure they dont have any injuries(scratches or pecking) on their body, but so far thing are good.

P.S. My bad didn't mean to type this much lol

The behavior your describing is part of establishing/maintaining the pecking order. Pecking order will be as follows.
#1 Dominant Female
#2 Dominant Male
Then the subordinate females
Then the subordinate males

Back
Top Bottom