Idiots at tractor supply

Steelpecker01

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2018
My fiancé and I, along with my soon to be father in law have been searching hard to find ISA Brown peeps to add to our flock of spoiled “stupid chickens” lol that’s what my fiancé calls them. We finally broke down and ordered them on line from tractor supplies website only to have 12 dead peeps delivered to my front door. I immediately contacted tractor supply to demand a refund. After several hours of waiting for customer service and 20 times explaining to the idiot on the other end that they were delivered dead she finally decided to give me a refund. So the next day we gave up on getting any Isa Browns this peep season and decided to just go and see what they had left at our local tractor supply to our disappointment they only had straight runs of Rhode Island reds and a few ducks left. A collage aged kid came over to ask if we needed help and I asked this young man “ do you have any Isa Browns ? He pointed to the Rhode Island peeps and said these ones are brown ! I got a chuckle and explained to the young man that they will eventually turn red and 90% likely to be roosters. he asked how I knew they would turn red and how I knew they would more than likely be roosters I told him “ look at their peckers” the roosters have bigger peckers. The kid turned red then I pointed to their beaks and with a straight face told explained pecker size and girth to this young man. ( my fiancé had to walk away) lol regardless to say I’m still searching for Isa Browns however the kid in Indiana p.a. Tractor supply with his baggy pants and big hoop earrings is now a pecker expert and educating everyone on how to pick the roosters by pecker size.

Since you live in Indiana, have you check to order from Purely Poultry? They have ISA brown day old pullets available by May 8.
I believe that is Indiana, Pennsylvania. ;)

@Steelpecker01
I have read stories about dead chicks arriving from all different hatcheries not just tsc. If I were you, I would try a local farm supply store if any are near you. Or try your local craigslist. Isa Browns are a dime a dozen and are readily available through local poultry owners as well.

I believe that is Indiana, Pennsylvania. ;)

Ha ha didn’t see the little p.a.:D

@Steelpecker01
I have read stories about dead chicks arriving from all different hatcheries not just tsc. If I were you, I would try a local farm supply store if any are near you. Or try your local craigslist. Isa Browns are a dime a dozen and are readily available through local poultry owners as well.

So far I’ve ordered 4x from different poultry hatcheries, the last 3yrs never had dead one yet. Got lucky I guess:love. I agree with local finds though. My very high quality chicks & chickens came from an hour away locally.

My fiancé and I, along with my soon to be father in law have been searching hard to find ISA Brown peeps to add to our flock of spoiled “stupid chickens” lol that’s what my fiancé calls them. We finally broke down and ordered them on line from tractor supplies website only to have 12 dead peeps delivered to my front door. I immediately contacted tractor supply to demand a refund. After several hours of waiting for customer service and 20 times explaining to the idiot on the other end that they were delivered dead she finally decided to give me a refund. So the next day we gave up on getting any Isa Browns this peep season and decided to just go and see what they had left at our local tractor supply to our disappointment they only had straight runs of Rhode Island reds and a few ducks left. A collage aged kid came over to ask if we needed help and I asked this young man “ do you have any Isa Browns ? He pointed to the Rhode Island peeps and said these ones are brown ! I got a chuckle and explained to the young man that they will eventually turn red and 90% likely to be roosters. he asked how I knew they would turn red and how I knew they would more than likely be roosters I told him “ look at their peckers” the roosters have bigger peckers. The kid turned red then I pointed to their beaks and with a straight face told explained pecker size and girth to this young man. ( my fiancé had to walk away) lol regardless to say I’m still searching for Isa Browns however the kid in Indiana p.a. Tractor supply with his baggy pants and big hoop earrings is now a pecker expert and educating everyone on how to pick the roosters by pecker size.
Good grief you too! ha ha I went in to my local Tractor Supply, stopped at the chickens and finally found a young guy and asked him what kind of chickens were there, and he said uhhh I don't know and I asked could he find out and nobody knew!! Where I come from, a person wants to know what kind of darn bird they are getting!! They should have real country people that actually know something, after all it is TRACTOR SUPPLY!!

Good grief you too! ha ha I went in to my local Tractor Supply, stopped at the chickens and finally found a young guy and asked him what kind of chickens were there, and he said uhhh I don't know and I asked could he find out and nobody knew!! Where I come from, a person wants to know what kind of darn bird they are getting!! They should have real country people that actually know something, after all it is TRACTOR SUPPLY!![/QUOTE

I know right. Problem is country folk are a Endangered species and city folk don’t care what kind of chickens they get. They take them home until their a full sized chicken and then put them on Craigslist or or local “horse trader” paper for free. And I laugh when I go to see they have 7 Rhode Island Red roosters and one hen in a pen the size of a dog Crete and they all say the same thing “ they turned mean” or “ all they do is crow in the morning” and my favorite “ they don’t like to be held anymore” lol. But you’d think tsc in their Infinite wisdom would train these kids or educate them some what before setting them loose in a country store.

See now there is no rural king here so TSC is it, pretty sad huh? There are a few feed stores but they're awful so I go to TSC for alfalfa hay, flock raiser and comedy.:gig
I agree. But I only use the chicken section because they are even more worthless in the horse and cow sections. All their good for is saleing city folk cowboy aperal and dog food. I myself prefer rural king... blows tsc out of the water

Back
Top Bottom