If I could just save them all.

Quote:
I totally understand having to re-home a pet because of a child or any other reason but the person who posted this just makes the poor dog sound like trash. I think that's the thing that really upset me.

I emailed the person and the husband emailed me back and told me that the dog belongs to his wife and he doesn't give a crap about the dog and that he has been waiting for this day to have the dog gone. I was like "WOW". What kind of loving home is that? I wonder if the dog was abused by this man.

Before anyone starts judging they would have to know all of the facts. Perhaps the dog evidenced aggession towards the baby. If that is the case, the dog would have to go. The dog was not dumped at your local animal shelter. It appears that the owner is trying to place it in a situation that they can monitor. Judge not for your turn may come one day.

Quote:
When I had my dog of 13 years, I was always scared that I would die before my dog and wanted to make sure that if I died before my dog, that she went to a warm and loving home. Unfortunately, my dog died before me 5 years ago.

that is so sad. happens all too much.
sad.png

Quote:
I emailed this person and they responded. The husband hated the dog. He didn't mention anything about aggression or any other bad things. He just hated the dog. He NEVER liked the dog. The dog belonged to his wife and he just "tolerated" the dog. He said it. If the dog was aggressive, etc, you would think that he would mention those important facts if trying to re-home the dog. I would hate for another family with small kids take the dog and not know about aggression, etc.

Last edited:
it is the breed of the dog this usually is a one owner. i believe dog and the hubby did not get along with it. it is all how u bring up the dog. no i do not need a another Chihuahua my first one was a neighbors who did-not want it anymore, but this Chihuahua always came over to our yard and winnie at me and bark at my hubby. now this Chihuahua is lovable to everyone that come to the house. Someone offer me big buck for him. he is about 15 yrs old and we got him. 14 yrs ago. he is my son
my new addition is Chihuahua puppy 4 months to 8 months in the chewing stage. [i should had my head examining]. trying to move and remodeling our newer home and training this puppy too. but he was drop off in the field and the winter was coming[snow] .please don't bandy sucker on my head
hide.gif

i hate pple that get animal and than throw it away.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just looking at things differently here. How do we know that the dog isn't mean towards children or that the child doen't have severe allergic reactions to animals?
hide.gif

I can see where kuntrygirl is coming from, obviously not everyone can continue caring for a pet after something comes up (new job/ new home/ baby), what she's trying to get at is they could have included more information about the dog if they really cared about where it ended up. When I found a new home for a stray I had, he was free BUT I wrote almost 2 paragraphs of information about the dog (and I nice couple who lived out in the country came an hour out to my house just to get him, they had been looking for a yellow lab to replace one they had had for years). I also can't understand why they waited until the baby was born, which makes me feel the dog has a problem with the baby, kinda sounds like the husband has a problem with the dog as well. I guess they don't understand homes are sometimes hard to find for animals. Hopefully they wait patiently and find a shelter or person to take it and not throw it in the river or something awful.

Back
Top Bottom