If I Hatch Egg from This Hen, Bred by Delaware Rooster, then...

Quote:
This is so far over my head!
th.gif
It all looks so complicated! I'd love to learn about it but when I start reading about crossing 2 different breeds and what genes will show up, my mind starts to swim! It's another aspect of the chickie nuttiness I seem to be getting myself deeper into!
barnie.gif

LOL yes genetics drive you nuts at first, and the more you know, the more you KNOW what you don't know as well as what you do.

I have Toad, Cyn, and she's a del mix. And it looks mostly like the pics shown, kinda partridgey smut on a del looking bird. Toad's coloring is more blue based but otherwise similar.

Okay out of curiosity I did the genetic chart. I currently have 10 of speckledhens eggs under a two broody's. So now I know I do not understand genetics as it says I will get "black patterned gold duckwing" on males and females. What? Where does brown come into play? What cool looking chickens if this is true. Thanks Cyn!!!

ETA: I used Columbia (this was the choice in English) on the Rooster and Blue for the hen. I'm not sure if they are blued laced?

Last edited:
Never mind, I found the button to make the chart calculate and its says they will be black and blue unicolor both sexes, but still cool. No, barring though, is barring recessive?

Back
Top Bottom