If I have to....

IMP's back
clap.gif

You all are cracking me up.
I was going to add to the thread based on the subject line.. but lost my train of though by the time I got done reading the thread.

Quote:
I know this, but I am having an stove malfunction at the present time (long story) and can't provide the darlings with oatmeal. Giving them some warm water - it's no longer hot, but warm by the time I fill the jug, put on all those ridiculous layers of clothing and carry it out to them - is the best I can do; even if I do have to do it a gazillion times a day.

I too lug gallon jugs of water to the animals twice a day. However, I've got it down to a pretty good routine.
I go to the goat barn first, break ice on top and dump water under ice... pour 1/2 gallon of warm water into the bucket which melts the ice that's still stuck to it... top it off with a gallon of cold water. The rabbit has two water bottles... fresh goes in in the morning, and the frozen one from the night comes into house.. by that evening it's thawed and I rotate again. Same with chickens.. bring in frozen waterer in morning and replace with the one that I brought in from the night before. However, the chicken water gets replaced after it thaws.. I swear they wash their feet in it.

It's surprising how many containers of water one person can carry under their arms while also carrying a chicken waterer.
I'll be back to let you know when it finally happens... when I slip and fall and end up a popsicle before I get back inside....lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
You are doing better than most uf us... we don't have much of a train of thought to lose.
old.gif

Lol.. If you look in the back of that boat, you'll see me.

put on all those ridiculous layers of clothing and carry it out to them - is the best I can do; even if I do have to do it a gazillion times a day.

Here's a northern tip. Don't put on all those ridiculous layers of clothing. I live in shorts and tanktops year round, and of course sandals with socks. (It's a required thing in Seattle)
I got tired of filling my sandals with snow, then dragging it into the house, so now I do snow barefoot.

Imp- can't believe how fast I can get the outside chores done.​

Quote:
Here's a northern tip. Don't put on all those ridiculous layers of clothing. I live in shorts and tanktops year round, and of course sandals with socks. (It's a required thing in Seattle)
I got tired of filling my sandals with snow, then dragging it into the house, so now I do snow barefoot.

Imp- can't believe how fast I can get the outside chores done.

Just out with the boys - I was dressed in my jeans, a thermal top, my carhartt work jacket, a full face toboggan (with the jacket hood over it), thick socks and my rubber coop boots. Realized while I was out there that the bulb had gone out in the enclosure that houses the outside faucet/water intake into the house. Being the good wife that I am I decided to grab another lightbulb and replace it real quick. Only after I had brushed all the snow piled up on the top, wrestled with the two thick boards and layers of styrofoam sheets that cover it (with the boys helping me of course
roll.png
) did I realize that I had forgotten one very important accessory - gloves.
he.gif
My hands are still stinging!
hit.gif

I actually took a pic of me dressed like this with my cell phone camera and sent it to DH. I'm going to be the laughing stock of the entire PD tonight.

OH and Impy in sandals and socks? Yet another pic I'd pay good money for!!

Back
Top Bottom