If I show you mine, Will you show me yours?

Celie

Songster
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
Tickfaw, Louisiana
graphic to Vegans ( I guess )

Yesterday, we processed three of our White Holland Heritage Turkeys! Would you like to see some pictures?
First some before pictures of some of our flock:

Now who will volunteer to be this year's Thanksgiving dinner? And THREE stepped forward!

Now How will I ever lift these big guys?

Now when Rigger passes, the brining and cooking begins ! Then the best part, the EATING~!!!
droolin.gif
OK, Now that you've seen mine, please show me yours!!!!
pop.gif

Last edited:
I tried to be as delicate as possible. I have been asked several times to evplain the process I use to harvest my birds, in detail with pictures. I will try to post some pics after the birds are cooked/smoked and eaten!

I tried to be as delicate as possible. I have been asked several times to evplain the process I use to harvest my birds, in detail with pictures. I will try to post some pics after the birds are cooked/smoked and eaten!

Great looking birds, looks like you will have a feast!!
One suggestion though, you may want to add "graphic pics" on the title of the thread so that other readers with lighter stomachs will be prepared.

(There's a mention of that on one of the thread stickies)
Quote:

Great looking birds, looks like you will have a feast!!
One suggestion though, you may want to add "graphic pics" on the title of the thread so that other readers with lighter stomachs will be prepared.

(There's a mention of that on one of the thread stickies)
Thanks, Sorry, my bad. I thought I left out all the graphic parts. I don't consider a dead turkey graphic, they are in all of the meat cases. Where do people think they came from or how they got there? Thanks for the heads up! I guess there are a lot of vegans on this thread? I wouldn't call anyone a hypocrite !
th.gif

Congrats on the turkey harvest. I wish I had something like that to hold up the turkeys to do the deed.

this next pic is the big BBW with the blue head above we ate him on this past sat for early thanksgiving(27lbs)

Last edited:
Congrats on the turkey harvest. I wish I had something like that to hold up the turkeys to do the deed.

this next pic is the big BBW with the blue head above we ate him on this past sat for early thanksgiving(27lbs)
Great looking birds.
thumbsup.gif
Please post some pictures of this turkey after it is cooked, so I can drool
droolin.gif
The 3 thay we processed weighed 20, 34 and 35 pounds( within a tenth of an ounce). I don't know how we came out with such even weights, but I use an accurate postal scale to weigh them? One is in the smoker as I write!

celie

I am so ashamed of you and so disappointed that you would pass off a Store Bought Turkey as a home grown one.

Is that I see a pop up Timer and a Plastic leg Tie I am just speechless and Shocked
lau.gif
You need a new pair of glasses, cause I didn't use pop up timers when I did buy turkeys in the stores, or are you just jealous, cause yours are just young-ins ? The red thing near the leg is a label on a milk jug I froze ice in. I recycle gallon and 2 litter bottles, as I am using up the food in the freezers, cause 'm too cheep to go and buy ice! LOL I'm not spending money on frozen water when I can get it for FREE! The red ring around the leg where I cut the feet off is a mystery to me, but it was on both feet, only in that spot. When I peeled the feet to give them to the dogs to chew on, the feet of that one turkey were scarlet red! Maybe that had some Bourbon RED, in it. Maybe your turkey's papa, flew down and got with it's Mama! LOL
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom