If I was to buy/read one book... what would you suggest

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fancie, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    prefer good chicken books... but if you found an awsome read... or a great cook book... Suggestions??

A couple great fiction books - The Kite Flyer and The 5 People you meet in Heavan.

None of the non-fiction books stuck out yet as a must buy.. I found an awsome egg cookbook at the library... but can't find the name of it

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    "The Egg and I" by Betty McDonald. A very old book that is still FUNNY!

3. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, a Year of Food life by Barbara Kingsolver All about producing and eating food produced close to where you live-I am trying to do this myself. It was a great read

http://animalvegetablemiracle.com/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  4. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Banter, you double posted.

A good historical fiction book is "The Golden Goblet". Really good!

5. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Fixed it!

6. rocktheflock

rocktheflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    SW Ohio
    A good historical fiction book is "The Golden Goblet". Really good!

my sister read that and really liked it. i love "Mara: Daughter of the Nile" and "Moccasin Trail", which are also by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. Have you read those Tio?
    (i hope we are thinking of the same "golden goblet", i just realized there could be any number of books with a title like that. [​IMG] )​

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Ditto on this recommendation!

8. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Quote:I agree. This actually got me interested in doing chickens. Hadn't given it real thought before reading the book. The audio read by the authors was really good.

9. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:my sister read that and really liked it. i love "Mara: Daughter of the Nile" and "Moccasin Trail", which are also by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. Have you read those Tio?
    (i hope we are thinking of the same "golden goblet", i just realized there could be any number of books with a title like that. [​IMG] )

Yes, we are thinking the same book. I want to read 'Mara: Daughter of the Nile'.

10. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    dewey, marley and me, oliver twist, the field guide to chickens. I'll pm you any more suggestions. I've read hundreds of good books.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by