If this is global warming....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granmahen, Jun 12, 2009.

1. granmahen

granmahen Songster

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm probably going to jinx everything, but we've been having the best weather here in normally hot, hot, hot Bakersfield. I have to rejoice and thank the good Lord. I mean 80's in June? Love it.[​IMG] Anybody else having "different" weather.

2. James Hudson

James Hudson In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    global warming is part of it, I mean yeah, we must help with what we can, however my advice is to go enjoy life because its too short.

3. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    We're having a dreary cold June up here in Massachusetts. I'm thinking global warming is part of nature's normal cycles. Between the below average winter and spring, I'm thinking the warming was short lived.

Remember in the 70's when they were warning us of a global cool down?!

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oct 23, 2008
    Northwestern Minnesota
    Global warming my royal red....... ahem sorry I get a little iritated right now since this is the first day ALL year that temps have hit 80...we have had the coldest srping ever I hate it here! After 3 cold years MN is NOT doing a good job of convincing me to stay!

5. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Well, enjoy your cooler weather for me! We in WA are having a freak hot and very dry June, which is not much fun for us. [​IMG] We like our clouds and rain here. What is odd . . . we had a strong La Nina this past winter and now they are saying we are headed into El Nino. Typically there are 10-12 years between cycles (La Nina to El Nino). This is freaky weird. I don't like it. I want stable weather! None of this extreme stuff! [​IMG] I think the ocean currents are starting to get messed up.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Thats for sure, life is toooo short. Its about 94 degrees here in S. Fl., to hot for me! But, like stated, better just enjoy it, it could be a lot worse than it is. [​IMG]

7. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Oct 23, 2008
    Northwestern Minnesota
    Yah I think that HUGE tidal wave a few years ago knocked the axis a bit cockeyed and things are just kind of all stirred up and trying to settle into a new pattern now that things are all a step to the side ya know?

8. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ya here in florida burning up

9. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:That's why I left. Don't miss -40 degrees temps one bit (or the mosquitos, ticks and fleas.) Now I live in the desert, where is been raining for the last week. Go figure [​IMG]

10. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Yea I love this global warming ;)are high yestrday was 58 it's rained 8 of first 12 days this month which is unusaul for Utah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: