If you could adopt one of these chickens...

Kassaundra, don't you have a thread somewhere here about Rudy and his story that you can link for the members? I've been meaning to look, but I didn't get round to it yet.

How do you protect him from sunburn and temperature extremes? Does he need to have his skin cared for, like the hairless dogs and cats do? (I know birds are different than mammals, but I feel so sorry for him - his condition must interfere with the joys of being a chicken on some level, as hairlessness does for mammals.)

He's really interesting to look at, but I feel so *sorry* for him..... please tell me he has a good life and that there are ways to accommodate the issues caused by his featherlessness. I thought he was one of those Israeli naked broiler strain birds when I saw him.

He has been raised w/ my flock of chickens, hatched at the same time from the same eggs. They and he do not know any different he is just a member of the flock being a chicken right along w/ them. He preens, dustbathes, runs and catches bugs. He is like the Emporor w/ his "clothes" you may look and see a naked chicken, but when he looks in the mirror he sees a peacock!!!!! lol lol lol

Put pics of him w/ his flockmates in the spoiler so not to interfere w/ the thread.

While #6 looks great and would be great addition, I would actually go with #4. She has a sweet look and to be honest my chicken are pets that give me eggs.

Back
Top Bottom