if you have genetic questions

ok can you dumbify how to get two copys of mottled
Breed to a mottled. All the offspring will have one copy of mottling, whichi may or may not show in juvenile plumage, but not in adult plumage. Take those ad breed together or back to a mottled, and some of those offspring will inherit a copy of mottle from each parent.

on kippen jungle if you mix mille fleur with red it gives a red
spangled looking bird
Not in the first generation.

greenriverhen's cock bird with the leg color issues is a Speckled Sussex. Shanks and feet should be white/w pinkish cast. Does anyone think this might be foreign blood showing up? Or illness? or just pop-up genetics?
I now there are a bunch of genetics experts here. Thanks!
Karen

Thanks for help 3riverschick.....I am going to try to treat his feet for fungus and see what happens. I don't think it can hurt. It seems this isn't really a common problem what ever it is! I will post if I figure it out.

ok can you dumbify how to get two copys of mottled

Redrooster99,

You need to educate yourself concerning some basic genetics. Go to this website and read it several times until you understand the basic concepts behind genetics.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/

Do the Tour the Basics first- Then Heredity & Traits. Do not worry about the other topics. Your questions indicate you are lacking the basic concepts behind genetics. Click on the icons below to go to the site.

TOUR THE BASICSAre you a little confused by all the talk about DNA and genes? Try our animated tour!
DNA TO PROTEINLearn about DNA, protein synthesis, and examples of protein functions.
HEREDITY & TRAITSTake a tour of genetic traits and see how they pass from one generation to the next.
AMAZING CELLSTake a look inside the dynamic w

Tim

Last edited:
greenriverhen's cock bird with the leg color issues is a Speckled Sussex. Shanks and feet should be white/w pinkish cast. Does anyone think this might be foreign blood showing up? Or illness? or just pop-up genetics?
I now there are a bunch of genetics experts here. Thanks!
Karen

Looks like a bit of random pigment. I'd say it's meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom