1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you were a chicken what breed would you be?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redoak, Oct 30, 2008.

1. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    If you were a chicken what breed would you be? I used Henderson's The ICYouSee Handy-Dandy Chicken Chart.
    http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html

I think I would be a Fayoumi rooster. "very economical eater; does not like containment; lively; flighty, known for wildness"

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Orpington or Silkie for me. Just because I love them!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

i'm fairly certain my breed is extremely obvious.... LOL

<-------

4. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

a sussex of course!

5. red rosecomb

red rosecomb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2008
    Pretoria- South Africa
    I would be a pekin bantam,they are fun just lyk me [​IMG]

6. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Bantam Cochin: robust, cold hardy, slow to mature, well adaptable to confinement or free range; peaceful, friendly, easily "handled"
    (I got to admit being more then a little gullible).

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think I am a Wyandotte: "well adaptable to confinement or free range; calm, industrious [me at work [​IMG] ], usually docile, but can be aggressive [; some are aloof, others friendly." Also, they're supposed to be a cold-hardy breed, and I love the winter!

8. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Chantecler!........winter-hardy, curious, and vocal [​IMG]

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Barred Rock...black and white clothes are all i wear. throw in a little pink or green, but in moderation only!

broods, but infrequently; good mother robust; very cold hardy somewhat early maturing

i have three kids and i am a good mom! robust...sometimes! early maturing, yep. cold hardy because i have a fireplace![​IMG]

well adaptable to confinement or free range; docile, friendly, easily handled

that's me, at home wherever i am. i am uber easy going and i love making friends. easily handled, ask DH. he'll tell you i am as long as i get my way![​IMG]

10. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i think i would be a silkie... dont lay to many eggs (babies, none yet) but i want to steal everyones children away from them! either that or some crazy oegb that doesnt want to be held, i am not one for snuggling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by